Fun > The Porch

Who else out here is also into Ham Radio

(1/2) > >>

tpctech:
After taking a break from working on and planning for more blinky lights I crossed over to my other hobby of Ham radio and built a new computer for my IRLP repeater node.  About 1 more weekend and new box should be ready to go live on my node here in Niles, MI. a top my 180ft tower!

So I was wondering who else does the Ham radio thing out here.  I have had a license since I was about 10...wow that was a long time ago!  I currently have a "tech plus"  which means I did the code!  I am about 30 questions or so from getting my General!.....I just got to study and take the test!  So easy to procrastinate!

WB9WYR

tpctech

KEN 

RJ:
Man that is some tower!

I am K4ROB advanced class, but I have not been active in about 7 years.

RJ

Aussiephil:
Ken

180ft Tower = 180ft Mega tree

That's some thick coax/heliax running up that tower.

Never got an amatuer license as morse was required in Oz for what i wanted but i just couldn't learn it so ended up in the good buddy 27mhz band working skip to the US and Europe with a Yaesu 707 and 5 element yagi in the upper half of 27mhz.
The 400w linear helped at times :)

Phil

n1ist:
As you can guess, I'm also a ham.  Not quite as active as I used to be, but I just spent this weekend replacing the Boston 145.23 repeater and other work at the site.
/mike

tpctech:
You are not allowed to view links. Register or LoginKen

180ft Tower = 180ft Mega tree

That's some thick coax/heliax running up that tower.

Never got an amatuer license as morse was required in Oz for what i wanted but i just couldn't learn it so ended up in the good buddy 27mhz band working skip to the US and Europe with a Yaesu 707 and 5 element yagi in the upper half of 27mhz.
The 400w linear helped at times :)

Phil

--- End quote ---

That would be a semi truck of lights!  I think they would have to crank up another reactor at the local nuke plant.

Now,..... I have thought about a animated star at 180ft

KEN

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version