Fun > The Porch

Sorting out my power

(1/4) > >>

magic8192:
Spent some time researching the bits and pieces and made a few phone calls etc. 

I am going to get a temporary 200 amp power pole hooked up in my yard.  All I have to do is get a permit from the planning commission, pay the $35 fee and sign a waiver that I won't be hooking up a trailer or anything of that sort for someone to live in. 

I hook up the pole, get it inspected, take that to the power company and they will hook up the service. 

I am going to put 20 20 amp breakers in the load center that will be on the temporary power pole.  I can run 12 ga outdoor wire from each 20 amp breaker to a LE power input (10 controllers 2 wires each). 

The problem is How do I do GFCI without spending a fortune.  The outdoor GFCI stuff is very expensive?  GFCI breakers or inline 12 Ga cable is in the $35 - $40 each.   I was thinking about building 10 outdoor boxes and putting 2 indoor GFCI receptacles in each box? 

Any help or suggestions would be appreciated.

-Dave

jnealand:
I use 20amp GFCI breakers in outdoor covered enclosures in 5 different locations on my house so I would think you could easily put build a box or two or three that had multiple GFCI outlets in them for a reasonable cost.  If your temporary power pole can be put in central located to your display and an outlet box located next to that, your problem may be solved.  Now you have me thinking about what it would take to get a temporary power connection at my house.

magic8192:
I was looking at outdoor PVC enclosures and weatherproof covers this afternoon at home depot.  I can build those for about $14 per LE. 

I can mount those on a piece of 3/4" plywood and use metal straps to attach it to a piece of rebar that I drive in the ground where I want an outlet.  I already have a bunch of rebar.   Problem solved. 

wbuehler:
Here is what I did.  The power panel sits on the porch out of the weather.

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

magic8192:
Thanks for the pics.

After looking at the outdoor stuff, I can see why people put the stuff on their porch or in their garage or basement. 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version