Author Topic: Missed 2nd coop  (Read 2792 times)

Offline t.jo13

• Coop Manager
Missed 2nd coop
« on: January 23, 2012, »
Does anyone know if there is going to be yet another coop soon? I missed the 2nd one by aprox. 20 minutes, (at dinner with wife )

Offline TexasStingray

• Coop Manager
Re: Missed 2nd coop
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2012, »
I know that because it is still the first Month of 2012, they will  have more but not sure when. Is there a pressing need, other than just wanting to get started for 2012. By using the Coops you generally save around $30 compaired to having to buy the PCB and Heat sink for RJ and the components from Mouser. But if there is you could go that route.

Scott
Scott Wanner
TX

Watch my videos
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline Ron

• Patron Member
Missed 2nd coop
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2012, »
There will definitely be more. Just stay tuned.

RJ is working with the coop managers.

Ron

Offline Rod R

• Coop Manager
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2012, »
Like the others have said it is still early in the year so you will have plenty of time and as long as there is still a need RJ will always ask someone to run a coop and with the store opening up "if push comes to shove" you can get your boards there.  But if your patient don't worry they will come, so keep your eye open.  Also think of other things that you might need as will (dongles, smart string hardware, etc.) as Coops are usually broken up.  Not too cool to run all express coops then stop and run all of another coop.  That is why RJ like to break things up a bit and it makes perfect sense to do so.  Anyway use this free time to work on your sequences, that to me is the most time consuming.

Offline deanathpc

• Brooks Family Lights
« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2012, »
That is how I felt last year.  Granted I had it a little easier as this group was probably half the size as it is now.  But I'm at 10 LE's right now and do need more but have backed off to let the new people get their fill.

Be patient.  It will happen.  Like Rod R said above start getting an idea what you need NOW so when they do come up you can get what you need.  That will help prevent you from scrambling for stuff when it gets down to the wire and no COOPs are being held due to the time of year.

Plan plan plan....

Dean (just my $0.02)
-------------------
Dean
Check out our web site: 

2011 Light Count: 8,700

[img width= height=]http://www.vixenlights.com/sig/sig_h.php/160.gif[/img]

Offline pk

• Patron Member
« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2012, »
Good advice Dean. 

I was new this time last year and I missed a couple of express coops because they filled up before I saw them.  (This last coop filled really fast I must admit).  I was able to get into other express coops that were later in the year and have a show for 2011.

Offline t.jo13

• Coop Manager
« Reply #6 on: January 23, 2012, »
I just like to get things going early to save money, and  also if there are problems, then I have plenty of time to fix them. thankyou for the info

Offline kgustafson

• Coop Manager
    • Lost Weekend Productions
« Reply #7 on: January 25, 2012, »
Speaking for the whole COOP Managers group, I don't think you need to worry.  We are aware of the needs of the group.  Realize we have to plan things not only to make sure that we can fill the order (get the 100 or so orders in) but we also have to look at our suppliers (PCB, parts from the various parts store) and our own time (yep, hard to believe, but we do this for fun! LOL).  The last thing we want to do is start a COOP only to find that a part is on backorder for three months or the like.  I just want you all to know we absolutely know the need (and feel the pain of it too -- I personally missed both COOPs!)  and rest assured another COOP will be coming with plenty of time for assembly, testing, and the like (just not sure exactly when they occur, because the stars have to align just so...*smile*)

Kurt
------
Visit at: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline zwiller

« Reply #8 on: January 25, 2012, »
Does anyone know if there is going to be yet another coop soon? I missed the 2nd one by aprox. 20 minutes, (at dinner with wife )

Dude, get your priorities in order!  Blinky first, wife second...   ;D

Rod's got it.  START SEQUENCING.  You have been warned.
Sam, who is happy he flashed his etherdongle with newest firmware!

"Now, I had heard that word at least ten times a day from my old man. He worked in profanity the way other artists might work in oils or clay. It was his true medium; a master."

Offline Ozmin

• Patron Member
« Reply #9 on: January 25, 2012, »

Dude, get your priorities in order!  Blinky first, wife second...   ;D

Rod's got it.  START SEQUENCING.  You have been warned.

Headphones a must if your married to do sequencing  :)

Offline sebjsan

• Sebastian from California
« Reply #10 on: January 25, 2012, »
That is Great Advice Oz  I never though of something so simple. :)
Sebastian from California