Author Topic: Mega Tree Star  (Read 5135 times)

Offline UncleBuck

Mega Tree Star
« on: August 26, 2013, »
I need to build a simple maga tree star. Any suggestions? I'm not set up for RGB. Pictures and video's would be great.

Thanks

Offline Steve Gase

• WinterLightShow in Georgetown, TX
Re: Mega Tree Star
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2013, »
you might consider a RGB star where the controller uses its test mode to cycle through colors.  you'd just apply power from your LE and the start would "do its own thing".  This would allow you to do a little bit of RGB without sequencing RGB.
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login  |  110K channels, 50K lights  |  Nutcracker, Falcon, DLA, HolidayCoro

Offline taybrynn

• RockinChristmas
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2013, »
Even a very simple RGB star can give you options in the future.  You could just program it all for 100% R,G,B the first year, set for string mode or something, then its only 3 channels.
Still easy to do colors in LOR or vixen with.

A simple cross or sphere is the easiest.  Those acrylic light fixtures, when you put a few modules into them ... are rather nice and simple put a lid on it and its an easy topper.

I have a more elaborate start topper design, but isn't what I'd call a simple star.
Scott - Castle Rock, Colorado   [ 2 homes, 100% RGB in 2016; since 2008; over 32k channels of E1.31 ]
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline UncleBuck

« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2013, »
All great idea's but I don't even own a single node. It probably wouldn't be cost effective to ship just a few nodes for a star from Ray.

Offline deanathpc

• Brooks Family Lights
« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2013, »
Look at Holiday Coro for some ideas.  He has nodes and you won't have to wait on stuff from Ray. :)
-------------------
Dean
Check out our web site: 

2011 Light Count: 8,700

[img width= height=]http://www.vixenlights.com/sig/sig_h.php/160.gif[/img]

Offline taybrynn

• RockinChristmas
« Reply #5 on: August 27, 2013, »
How big is the megatree?   Is it mini lights based?  How many colors?  I had bought a star topper from hobby lobby for around $8 that just cycled between colors slowy.   It was pretty cool.   I might even have it still.   
Scott - Castle Rock, Colorado   [ 2 homes, 100% RGB in 2016; since 2008; over 32k channels of E1.31 ]

Offline UncleBuck

« Reply #6 on: August 31, 2013, »
It's only 12'. It has white, green and red mini led's. I'm only looking to use white mini's for the star.

Offline jnealand

• Patron Member
« Reply #7 on: August 31, 2013, »
I have been using the 3D star from christmaslightshow.com for about 5yrs.  My first tree was 10' then went to 12 and have been around 17.5 since then.  The star has looked good on all of them.  I am still using the rope light kit that went with it, but now with all LED on my tree, the incan rope light kind of looks out of place colorwise.  Been thinking about putting some dumb strings on it which would also give me the ability to change the color.
Jim Nealand
Kennesaw, GA

Offline Dan@

« Reply #8 on: September 01, 2013, »
I just made one. You can check it out here.You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Dan