Author Topic: LOR S3 info released  (Read 4878 times)

Offline Jeffl

• Just remember. Wireless is nice. Copper is king!
    • Christmas In Brandon
Re: LOR S3 info released
« Reply #15 on: October 17, 2011, »
You might be able to offset channels but with it being channel 1 not working you would probably only have 15 channels.

The DMX setup in LOR 3.0 is a step in the correct direction but even LOR will admit, they have more plans to enhance it in the future.

From the reading and interaction I have had so far, I believe their testing efforts in this area are thin.  This is understandable given the problems with their new hardware. 

Offline taybrynn

• RockinChristmas
« Reply #16 on: October 17, 2011, »
Yes, that's a big miss ... I guess they had a lot of problems with suppliers this year.  I just got my S3 license upgrade straightened out ... so I can do a little testing with it this week.  I figure for $30 its worth it to keep it upgraded.

I really wasn't counting on using it this year, since I have LSP 2.0 and am happy with it ... but I figure I might use a blend of the two programs, if it made sense to do so ... or to clean up and/or make consistent before importing into LSP 2.0
Scott - Castle Rock, Colorado   [ 2 homes, 100% RGB in 2016; since 2008; over 32k channels of E1.31 ]
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline mokeefe

« Reply #17 on: October 17, 2011, »
Can someone tell me if S3 can handle RGB, specifically SmartStrings, in any reasonable way?  Do you need to use the new SuperStart sequencer package (which is an optional purchase in S3)?  Is LSP still the most viable option for dealing with RGB patterns?

-Mike

Offline taybrynn

• RockinChristmas
« Reply #18 on: October 17, 2011, »
I don't think LOR S3 can handle smart strings ... because it doesn't support Pixelnet.

If you use LOR S3, the only way to use smart strings is via. xlights 2011 ... which then becomes the show player and scheduler ... but you play LOR sequences through it. 

Otherwise you have to use Vixen or LSP 2.0 ... with LSP 2.0 being the most obvious choice, but also the most costly.

IMHO, Vixen isn't really all the RGB friendly yet ... so its usable, but would not be easy if you had a lot of RGB to sequence.
Scott - Castle Rock, Colorado   [ 2 homes, 100% RGB in 2016; since 2008; over 32k channels of E1.31 ]

Offline Steve Gase

• WinterLightShow in Georgetown, TX
« Reply #19 on: October 17, 2011, »
I'm wondering if there is anyone working on sequence file translation tools.

I'd heard that LSP2 was mildly successful in importing LOR...  I'd hope that S3 and S2 have no impact to the overall LOR file format, so xLights will be able to handle S2 or S3, and LSP2 would be just as mildly effective in pulling in S3.

I guess what I'm looking for is a tool that allows me to reliably import S2/S3 sequences into LSP2, or use LSP2 and import its sequences into S3. 

My goal would be to blend shows together that might be created from BOTH tools.  I'm thinking that the SuperStart will be great for many things, but I'll want LSP2 to fill many other needs.

xLights is a step in the right direction, but as a player it doesn't help me marry sequences from different tools so that they are synchronized. 

my goal is to use SuperStart for my LOR CCRs, and LSP2 for my SSCs -- all within a single synchronized show.

Steve
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login  |  110K channels, 50K lights  |  Nutcracker, Falcon, DLA, HolidayCoro

Offline taybrynn

• RockinChristmas
« Reply #20 on: October 17, 2011, »
My main problem in going from LOR to LSP is that I loose all my LOR track channel ordering and LOR tracks ... and go a controller-centric view in LSP 2.0 .  The imported sequencing seems fine, but I don't seem to have any organizational tools in LSP to make the mass sequence conversion easy or anything but lots of manual steps. 

The result is that I get an imported sequence which is disorganized and in need of re-organization (before sequencing can be added).  Thats fine, but I don't want to do that process manually for each sequence I import.  My thought is that for this year, I'd just make sure everything is done (in LOR) prior to the import, then I'd just be adding stuff in LSP for the RGB stuff and then call it done.  I'd be ok with dragging in all the new RGB stuff into each sequence ... since I'd need to sequence those items from scratch anyways.  IN LSP, you can save off the controllers and then drag them into the new sequence easily enough.  I have also heard you can drag a saved controller 'on top' of an imported one and then it changes it.  I haven't tried that, but I think it works.

I think LSP needs a utility to allow you to define a mapping between one setup (like what things looks like coming in from the import from LOR., or what your prior year setup was) ... and then convert into a new (current year) LSP configuration ... which means controllers + layers + virtual controllers + visualizer drawings and the ordering and channel assignments, etc.   
« Last Edit: October 17, 2011, by taybrynn »

Offline Danbe

« Reply #21 on: October 17, 2011, »
Yes, that's a big miss ... I guess they had a lot of problems with suppliers this year.  I just got my S3 license upgrade straightened out ... so I can do a little testing with it this week.  I figure for $30 its worth it to keep it upgraded.

I really wasn't counting on using it this year, since I have LSP 2.0 and am happy with it ... but I figure I might use a blend of the two programs, if it made sense to do so ... or to clean up and/or make consistent before importing into LSP 2.0

I figure for $30 its worth it to keep it upgraded.??????

I pay 139.89 for update I have 2.9 advance before   :-[ :-[ :-[

Offline taybrynn

• RockinChristmas
« Reply #22 on: October 17, 2011, »
Ouch ... so are you talking about LSP 1.8 upgrade?

Anyways, I figure LOR S3 looks like a fun tool ... if I can use it prior to the conversion to LSP 2.0 ... I might.

It might not be the smartest $30 I ever spent.

Offline Danbe

« Reply #23 on: October 17, 2011, »
No talking about LOR S2 to S3

Offline dmoore

« Reply #24 on: October 17, 2011, »
I guess what I'm looking for is a tool that allows me to reliably import S2/S3 sequences into LSP2, or use LSP2 and import its sequences into S3. 

My goal would be to blend shows together that might be created from BOTH tools.  I'm thinking that the SuperStart will be great for many things, but I'll want LSP2 to fill many other needs.

xLights is a step in the right direction, but as a player it doesn't help me marry sequences from different tools so that they are synchronized. 

Steve -

I've been exactly where you are.  I would stop hoping and start re-doing sequences - it will be much faster.  The reality is that LSP is so much different that LOR that converting between then you are bound to loose some fidelity.  Also, I was able to sequence 3,800 channels in LSP 1.8 last year for 5 songs in about 12 hours - it took me longer than than with LOR S2 when I was using that prior. 

At some point, people just have to break with the past and move forward.

Offline bisquit476

• Patron Member
« Reply #25 on: October 17, 2011, »

You must have bought the superstar software, because the update from S2 to S3 is only $30.

Offline Danbe

« Reply #26 on: October 17, 2011, »

You must have bought the superstar software, because the update from S2 to S3 is only $30.
No just Demo superstar software    I go to check again  with LOR I go to send email to see what to around  Thank

Daniel

Offline blaha

• Patron Member
LOR S3 info released
« Reply #27 on: October 17, 2011, »
You might be able to offset channels but with it being channel 1 not working you would probably only have 15 channels.

I just wanted to add that I did this testing over the weekend and did not lose channel 16 when doing the offset. You will be able to use all 16 channels.

Offline TheQueb

« Reply #28 on: October 15, 2012, »
I realize that this is a very old thread but I was looking through the LOR v3.8 documentation and ran across this:

New DMX Adapters Supported

The LOR USB485B and the Lynx adapters are now officially supported for use as DMX adapters.  The LOR USB485B should use the "Raw DMX" protocol, and the Lynx should use the new "Lynx" protocol.

I bought a couple of DMX dongles and some SSC's in recent coops and was wondering if I'll be able to use them with LOR v3.8 or will I have to make the software switch?

Offline TheQueb

« Reply #29 on: October 15, 2012, »
Nevermind. Just ran across another post with the same question. Please disregard  :o