Hardware > Lynx Smart String

Smart Strings with different pixels?

(1/3) > >>

zach stoltenberg:
If the smart string uses it's own chip (made for RJ to run the different voltage)  what would be the possibility of offering a different pixel type?  I am a D-Light user and utilize several firefli strings in my display.  Cost wise it seems that it would be much more efficient to do a single longer pixel string in place of the 4 firefli strings I am currently using.  However... I like the look/size of the pixels and most people viewing the show want to know how I make those C9's change colors!?  I'm not jazzed about the idea of using a diffuser/lense/cover. Any ideas, thoughts?

RJ:
The chip is not made for me the nodes were design to my needs with an existing chip that had not been used for nodes before.

As far as controlling you other strings I do not know anything about them but I would not expect them to be controllable by Smart string controllers.

RJ

zach stoltenberg:
I guess what I'm saying is, I want to go to smaller controllers located on/in each of my display items.  I like the small smart string controllers and I like the possibility of individual pixel control.  What I want to know is, is there any possibility of changing or offering different pixels?  My roof line is all C9's and I love that.  What I don't want to have to do is order these pixels and then use lenses or covers on them.  I like the firefli lenses/pixel styles and know that I can order these pixels (or similar ones).  I would make a larger investment in the smart controllers if I knew they could be used with other pixel types.  There is also the waterproofing issues you have mentioned with these.  I really don't want to dip over a thousand nodes.  If you are ordering 50k plus worth of pixels, can't the factory waterproof them with your method?  Several of my ideas really only need 1 or two pixels.  I know I can order the $7 3 channel DMX controllers from aliExpress and run those on one universe, just a suggestion to make these things even more appealing.  I really like them, want to love them.

RJ:
Anything might be possible with enough money but not at this go around. There will lots of options as time goes on. I though the firefly were like the LOR CCR which I showed the version for Smart Strings.

RJ

zach stoltenberg:
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

The arches in this video are fireflis.  Individual pixels, about 1.5" in diameter.  8" spacing.  From the street they look like C9's.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version