Hardware > Lynx Smart String

I have a dream...........

(1/2) > >>

zman:
Guys, I have been doing a lot of thinking and discussing about 2011 and beyond with respect to my display and this hobby/passion we have. I think the SS's are very cool, and am waiting for the coop like everyone.

How absurd is it to think that with a tight enough resolution, (and yes some sort of software interface) could the SS's manage video?

We have all seen Galaxia, and some of the RGB matrix panels/screens. I dream of a mega tree that can be a traditional Mega, ZTree, Spriral, and message board to boot. Instead of a singing wireframe tree with a few channels of animation, why not make your Mega do this, or I have a great roof face that is just itching for a RGB matrix as well. Is that possible at some point with the SS's?

Lucas:
I have no doubt this will be possible. 

With enough smart strings in your mega tree you would have no problem producing spiral tree or scrolling messages & other styles of trees.

The key is of course the software.... It would be a bit of a task for "grid" based control, who wants manually control every pixel of every frame? The new software people are working on will make this sort of thing a breeze.

Also what is a Ztree? :)

zman:
A ZTree is famed for Mike Ziemkowski in Sheman Oaks, CA. It is a horizontal Mega Tree. He is also known for being the first to incorporate video and I believe animatronics into a display:

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

A DIYer from way back without calling himself a DIYer.

batdive:
Sounds like a good plan Zman, and I think it could look very cool.  It sucks to see the hardware again beating the software.  For video displays/RGB, I think LSP is ahead, but for ease of use I cant beat Vixen.  Hopefully this year will make it easy, with 2 newer offerings (Xlights/Prancer) and maybe Vixen 3.0 making an appearing.

Anything should be better then a 16K channel grid outline.  HAHAHAH Im dreading that sequencing if something good doesnt come down the pipeline.

-JS

gforman:
Yep, this is what we all dream about.

we have the greatest and best hardware and Software people associated with this DLA group.

we will get there.

Glen

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version