Author Topic: Heads up  (Read 1493 times)

Offline urthegman

Heads up
« on: May 04, 2012, »
I have built two out of the three Expresses I purchased from the latest co-op and had to re-flash the pic, so if you only get channel 6 that comes on dimly when you test the controller, just re-flash the pic and you will be good to go. Here is a link for the firmware if you need it: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline Rod R

• Coop Manager
Re: Heads up
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2012, »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
I have built two out of the three Expresses I purchased from the latest co-op and had to re-flash the pic, so if you only get channel 6 that comes on dimly when you test the controller, just re-flash the pic and you will be good to go. Here is a link for the firmware if you need it: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Non of the PIC's were flashed prior to shipment so yes all the PIC's need to be flashed no matter what.  I do not think in any of the coops that we run where the coop managers flash the chips prior to shipment.  I will do it as a courtesy if a member ask me to do so.  It would be a lot of work on the part of the coop manager running the coop to flash all of the PICS.  This is the reasons that we tell everyone that they should have a Pickit 2or3.

On a side note: "Man you are just banging them out today"  <la..
« Last Edit: May 04, 2012, by Rod R »

Offline t.jo13

• Coop Manager
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2012, »
"
Man you are just banging them out today

No kidding I am still looking at the parts  <;d

Offline Rod R

• Coop Manager
« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2012, »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
"
Man you are just banging them out today

No kidding I am still looking at the parts  <;d

He's a man on a mission  8)

Offline urthegman

« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2012, »
I built 6 Expresses 3-4 weeks ago that I can't remember if I got from a co-op or bought from another member who just forwarded them to me from a co-op. (It is going to drive me crazy trying to figure out where I got them!!!) Ha! Got it!!! They were from the Sept co-op last year that RJ and JJ did and the pics came programmed, I had one pic that acted up and reprogramming it fixed it. I guess I was spoiled by getting the pics pre-programmed then!!!  I got a lot of practice on the first 6 and that definitely made today's builds easier!!! ;D  I even took about 10 pictures of the build today and posted them on facebook for a friend who couldn't believe I could build something like that!!!