Author Topic: Paypal alternative  (Read 1083 times)

Offline lonewolf41

• Coop Manager
Paypal alternative
« on: March 23, 2011, »
Has anyone used or had experience with Amazon payments?  Here is some info:

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Looks like they even have a mobile app for those of you so inclined.  I don't see any fees listed but there must be some somewhere.  Was thinking about using this for some personal stuff since most people have an Amazon account and maybe it could be used for coops here.  I am personally for anything that saves us money and PayPal is not one of those things.

TIA,
-Keith

Offline D56VillageNut

• Patron Member
    • Thompson Snow Village
Re: Paypal alternative
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2011, »
Keith,

An earlier post You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login on this same topic didn't seem to generate much of a response.  I too would be curious to see if this would be a good alternative as I agree that the PayPal fees can take a bite out of things on a coop, especially when we do the initial payment and a separate shipping payment.

I did a little research but I can do some more and I'll post if I find anything worthwhile.  Perhaps we should arrange a test of say $5 or $10 between two members and see how well it works and whether or not it has any issues.  Just a thought.

Thanks

Alan T

Offline KeithTarpley

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2011, »
Greetings,,,

The 3% portion would remain the same over any number of payments, or one total payment.

3% of a dollar and 3% of another dollar vs 3% of two dollars.  $0.06 either way.

Keith
"Now I know the only foe is time." -Moody Blues

Offline gophergrove

« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2011, »
I thought the paypal fee was a fixed charge plus a percentage for each transaction.  If so, multiple small transactions would incur more fees than single larger ones. 
I've never received money through paypal so don't know the specifics but even if the per transaction fee was $0.25 it would add up over hundreds of transactions such as the Express Coop.

Offline KeithTarpley

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2011, »
Greetings,,,

The Coops charge the 3% directly to the members.  The 2.9% + .30 is roughly covered in the 3%.

One thing is that we need more info about any new way to pay.  And I wouldn't want to have any issues during the large Coops.   But I have been looking at the things being brought up.

Just don't want to have to have the entire membership needing to change over without enough info.  And it would be another thing for the managers to have to deal with until we were sure.

Keith
"Now I know the only foe is time." -Moody Blues

Offline mmulvenna

• Patron Member
« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2011, »
Google VS Paypal    You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Thanks
Mike