Author Topic: Is it possible ?  (Read 1438 times)

Offline angus40

Is it possible ?
« on: January 17, 2012, »
Regarding the store,

would it be possible to order from ships in usa and have it sent c.o.d to canada

This way the freight-shipping is covered on my end ?

thx

Offline RJ

• Administrator
Re: Is it possible ?
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2012, »
No I am afraid there is no options like that. I plan to setup everything for canada/Mexico also but it will take time to get it all setup. First I am looking at another option possiblility to make it where I can have one of everything and you choose where to ship it and this changes the shipping.

Give it time it will take some work to make it work well for us. 

RJ
Innovation beats imitation - and it's more satisfying

Offline Steve Gase

• WinterLightShow in Georgetown, TX
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2012, »
Can you have a store item that is listed as "$10 shipping surcharge for Canada orders"  (for example...)

The user would need to select that option before the order could be finalized. 

I realize its weak, but it might be ok as a preliminary and easy answer.
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login  |  110K channels, 50K lights  |  Nutcracker, Falcon, DLA, HolidayCoro

Offline RJ

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2012, »
I have been thinking on that. I was thinking having just one of everyitem and them have the person add the shipping needed. Might have an issue with people leaving it off or choosing wrong so I would need to check each one but it would be doable.

RJ

Offline rimist

« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2012, »
I believe it should be fairly single to modify the checkout routine to verify that the correct shipping items have been selected based on the purchasers ship to country.
- Rimist

Offline RJ

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2012, »
The problem is our store does not know this it is Paypal that knows this from their account and at this point you have passed the information to it already.

RJ

Offline rimist

« Reply #6 on: January 17, 2012, »
I'll have to look at both the cart and PayPal.I'm sure there is a way to do this
- Rimist

Offline rimist

« Reply #7 on: January 17, 2012, »
RJ -

take a look at You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

It has a link to PayPal that supposedly had to do with shipping including international.

I'll take a quick look, but have to give my daughter meds and get her to bed in fifteen minutes
- Rimist

Offline RJ

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: January 17, 2012, »
I read it but that is when you let paypal do it and then you are limited in the shipping cost to being by quanitity or Weight or percent of total cost. I could nto come up with a way to make it work for us.

RJ

Offline rimist

« Reply #9 on: January 17, 2012, »
The info screen on the cart mentions about being able to manually collect the billing information. I'll look to see if that can be used to collect shipping info but still have PayPal do the the actual billing
- Rimist

Offline rimist

« Reply #10 on: January 19, 2012, »
RJ- sorry, between headaches, migraines, decorating for Valentine's and doctor appointments I haven't had the chance to read up on this yet. I'll try to get some time soon.

-Rimist
- Rimist

Offline angus40

« Reply #11 on: January 19, 2012, »
I hope you have success with this , and appreciate your efforts .

Cheers

Richard

Offline zwiller

« Reply #12 on: January 19, 2012, »
Not sure where I should post this but I have an idea for the store. 

Would it be feasible to include pre-programmed pics with boards for sale in the store?  Charge another buck maybe.  Even guys like me with pickits wouldn't mind having an extra.  Or maybe just sell separate.  Anyway just an idea to help some of the new guys.   

Back to the regularly scheduled program...     
Sam, who is happy he flashed his etherdongle with newest firmware!

"Now, I had heard that word at least ten times a day from my old man. He worked in profanity the way other artists might work in oils or clay. It was his true medium; a master."

Offline rimist

« Reply #13 on: January 19, 2012, »
Went on the smf forums and found a little info... Now I have to dig into the paypal developer site
- Rimist

Offline tbone321

« Reply #14 on: January 19, 2012, »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Not sure where I should post this but I have an idea for the store. 

Would it be feasible to include pre-programmed pics with boards for sale in the store?  Charge another buck maybe.  Even guys like me with pickits wouldn't mind having an extra.  Or maybe just sell separate.  Anyway just an idea to help some of the new guys.   

Back to the regularly scheduled program...   

I don't think that would work well.  Since RJ is the one who sells the boards, that would also have him programming the chips and I think he already does more than enough.  You could say that someone else could program them for him but that would add to the cost with increased shipping costs back and forth from RJ to the person programming them and back to RJ.  Then what happens if the firmware is updated or the device can use different versions of the firmware depending on what it is being used for. 

Back in the beginning most of the devices were offered as coops and the coop managers would program the chips.  The only exception was the USB dongle sines there were no coops for them.  Some members were kind enough to program those pics for members that didn't have a programmer for nothing more than the cost of shipping the chip back  and there are still many members willing to do this.

With any hobby, there is some equipment needed to do it properly and this one is no different.  For this one a person should have a multimeter, a solder station, a chip puller, some desoldering tools, a magnification light, a chip programmer (pickit-3), and a PC to both program the chips as well as create your sequences.  I have suggested in the past and will suggest again that the coop managers stop programming chips.  With the high demand for much of the equipment offered here, anything that will make the coop managers job easier is a good thing and not spending hours programming chips would make their jobs easier.  The advances in the equipment that RJ has designed with many of them capable of using different firmware has also for the most part made a chip programmer a requirement anyway so there really is no point in offering programmed chips.   

« Last Edit: January 19, 2012, by tbone321 »
If at first you don't succeed,
your not cut out for sky diving