Author Topic: Sequence Question  (Read 2376 times)

Offline tstewart

• Global Moderator
Sequence Question
« on: December 04, 2010, »
I was playing around with a little test sequence today.  I made it 2 minutes in length and it was very basic.  I saved it and also saved it as an optimized version for the scheduler.  When I set it up to run in the scheduler it actually took around 2:34 to run the sequence.  I had a one second heartbeat going to one channel and you could notice the slight delay.

Has anyone else notices this or am I doing something wrong.  This happened with using both the DMX Pro Output and the E1.31 DMX Output drivers.

Thanks

Todd Stewart
« Last Edit: December 05, 2010, by tstewart »

Offline sean815

Re: Sequence Question
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2010, »
I doubt it is you, Im sure it is the software. There are so many bugs and issues it is ridiculous!

Offline coachers

• Coachers
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2010, »

I use LSP, I don't have the issues some folks report.

Not to say I don't  get the occasional, what the hell just happened moments. But I also had that with Vixen. <wd..

As far as your question:

* make sure you have current version
* Clean up any unused intervals
* Clear the spectral cache before optimize export
* I always add an interval as close to the beginning of sequence - ( there seems to be bug here and this is my work around for this)
* I also add an interval as close to the end of a sequence - again, just a work around.
* Export optimize
* Use optimize file to build you scheduler.

I have sync talking heads so any latency would be a major issue. The program is running spot on for me.

May you have Good Health...
Great Wealth.....
And your stein never be empty.

Offline tstewart

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2010, »
Here is the basic sequence I am trying to use.  It can not get much easier than this.  This one still takes around 2:30 to run.

Todd

Offline coachers

• Coachers
« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2010, »
Don't play it back in the visualizer, you get latency.

Turn off visualizer and watch your channels for true timing.
May you have Good Health...
Great Wealth.....
And your stein never be empty.

Offline tstewart

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: December 05, 2010, »
This was run through the scheduler using an optimized sequence.

From Original Message
"When I set it up to run in the scheduler it actually took around 2>34 to run the sequence."

Todd

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Don't play it back in the visualizer, you get latency.

Turn off visualizer and watch your channels for true timing.

Offline rdebolt

• Patron Member
    • Christmas in Boise
« Reply #6 on: December 06, 2010, »
Depending on your system it takes a minute or two to load. I have the same issue with the start, but after it starts it will run on time. I have a screaming system and it takes about 55 seconds to load the first sequence, then it is fine.

Is this what you are asking?

« Last Edit: December 06, 2010, by rdebolt »

Offline tstewart

• Global Moderator
« Reply #7 on: December 06, 2010, »
No this is not about the initial load time.  My machine only takes about 20 seconds to get started.

This has to do with once the sequence gets started it takes around 2: 30 to run a 2 minute sequence.

Todd

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Depending on your system it takes a minute or two to load. I have the same issue with the start, but after it starts it will run on time. I have a screaming system and it takes about 55 seconds to load the first sequence, then it is fine.

Is this what you are asking?

Offline mmulvenna

• Patron Member
« Reply #8 on: December 29, 2010, »
Hi Todd,

Sorry to jump in so late, but I actively monitor the LSP forum for LSP questions. What LSP build are you running with this sequence? My old brain could have easily missed it but I can't recall anyone else reporting this issue with the run times.  

EDIT: I just DL'ed your test sequence and was going to run it in the scheduler in order to test. Before I did that, I looked at it the sequencer and it is set for a custom length of 240 seconds with 2 second timing intervals so it will run for 4 minutes.

Mike

« Last Edit: December 29, 2010, by mmulvenna »
Thanks
Mike