Author Topic: First sequence  (Read 1427 times)

Offline drlucas

First sequence
« on: December 02, 2013, »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Have a bit of work ahead of me tightening up the sequence but here's the result of a lot of learning and sharing from the forum the last few months!

Cheers!
Ryan
-Ryan Lucas-
- Pickering, Ontario, Canada, Eh?! -

Offline arw01

Re: First sequence
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2013, »
You are ahead of me!  Great start like the falling tetris like effect on the mega structure..

Offline smeighan

• Patron Member
    • Nutcracker RGB Sequence Builder
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2013, »
looks very cool!

today was my birthday so i would say it was a birthday gift seeing that you got xlights/nutcracker working so nice

thanks
sean
Sean
Littleton, CO
Latest releases You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
xLights/Nutcracker Forum You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Fbook You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline drlucas

« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2013, »
Happy belated birthday!!  Hopefully this picture is the icing on the cake then :).

.....oh and I'm glad we finally got our new windows in last week before it gets any colder here!
-Ryan Lucas-

Offline drlucas

« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2013, »
Oooops.  Uploaded wrong image. Now you may understand the window comment!
-Ryan Lucas-

Offline tbone321

« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2013, »
Happy Birthday
If at first you don't succeed,
your not cut out for sky diving

Offline jwaymire

« Reply #6 on: December 03, 2013, »
Awesome work!!

Offline tng5737

« Reply #7 on: December 03, 2013, »
Happy Birthday and thanks for all of your hard work on Nutcracker!   Glad to see you made it thru your recent problems!
Take Care!

Offline meman

« Reply #8 on: December 03, 2013, »
Pretty cool. My pixelnet stuff is still sitting in a pile...maybe next year. Thanks for sharing!

Offline drlucas

« Reply #9 on: December 05, 2013, »
Just got word from the city yesterday I'll be part of the Mayors tour this year which means 7 city buses full of people travelling by next Wednesday night. Very cool. Will be spending the weekend tightening up the sequencing and really getting the pixels dancing. I'm debating adding another 500 lights that I was going to keep for next season but now I'm torn between better sequencing or more lights. I think sequencing three songs really well would be better than ten songs done so so.

Someone told me this hobby is an addiction.  Was that an understatement!!!!
-Ryan Lucas-

Offline arw01

« Reply #10 on: December 05, 2013, »
Wow fabulous news!  I vote for BOTH, more lights and better sequencing!

Won't be any tour buses to our house this year for sure, My sequencing is so so, but need some more quantity and then will come back and tighten them up. 

My real vote would be to spend the time tightening the sequencing first, don't know how long the buses stop at each location either and then they probably flip around for the other side to see better, so not likely they will be there for all the songs anyways.

Alan

Offline tbone321

« Reply #11 on: December 05, 2013, »
I would avoid adding anything else at this point.  As they so often say, if it ain't broke, don't fix it.  I would also make sure that you have a full copy of your existing sequence before you mess with it either.  I understand how exciting this must be but the fact that you are one this list indicates that they already find what you have done impressive and the last thing that you would want to do is trash it the day before they come just tightening it up a bit.  Have fun with it, good luck, and congratulations.

Offline bartels

« Reply #12 on: December 05, 2013, »
Congrats.  It looks awesome.  Keep up the good work.

Jeremy

Offline drlucas

« Reply #13 on: December 05, 2013, »

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
I would avoid adding anything else at this point.  As they so often say, if it ain't broke, don't fix it.  I would also make sure that you have a full copy of your existing sequence before you mess with it either.  I understand how exciting this must be but the fact that you are one this list indicates that they already find what you have done impressive and the last thing that you would want to do is trash it the day before they come just tightening it up a bit.  Have fun with it, good luck, and congratulations.

Very good advice.

Given Death , taxes and hard drive failure are the only guarantees in life I'll be sure to send my sequences to my google backup drive.

The only thing I'm debating adding is a ups to the mix.

Hmmm Perhaps this is more an obsession vs an addiction.
-Ryan Lucas-

Offline tbone321

« Reply #14 on: December 05, 2013, »
I have UPS's on all of my PC's and here in NC, it's kind of a requirement.  We have at least 1 3 second power failure here a month and that's all it takes to shut down the PC. I even have ne of my older ones on the cable box because if that POS loses power, it's a good 5 minutes before your watching TV again.  It's not a bad idea to protect the PC that's running the show and then a few second power glitch will only cause a few second glitch in the show as well.