Author Topic: Anyone have any Designspark PCB experience  (Read 1670 times)

Offline TexasStingray

• Coop Manager
Anyone have any Designspark PCB experience
« on: January 20, 2013, »
Anyone have any Designspark PCB Experience and then having it Fabricated? Looking for some assistance. I have my design all done just want someone to look it over before having it Fabricated. Not sure if I did thinks like the drill holes for mounting correctly I just used via's and made the hole bigger. I guess I could just sent it off, it looks like it only $25 dollars for 10 plus shipping.

Scott
Scott Wanner
TX

Watch my videos
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline holland lights

• holland lights
Re: Anyone have any Designspark PCB experience
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2013, »
I don't have any experience with that pcb program,but if there was a way to just look a picture over i may be able to give you advice on it. Personally, i use a program called diptrace; as the is much easier to use to me than other pcb programs i have used in the past..

Offline TexasStingray

• Coop Manager
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2013, »
Thanks anyways I ordered my boards already, the web site show that it already went in starting production, and now it show ending production. Hope it ships out pretty quick.
Scott Wanner
TX

Watch my videos

Offline holland lights

• holland lights
« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2013, »
What pcb manufacturer did you use?

Offline chrisatpsu

• ahhh, yes... my new blink-i-nator 3000!!!
« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2013, »
if i wanted to make a really small board that holds an soic-16 chip (smd), then each pin goes to a through hole (via). any idea of what board house to go through?

i would look to try to fit as many as i can, to keep costs down, but not sure what you guys use pricewise...
To rule the entire tri-state area!  What's that? Perry the Platypus!!!

Offline holland lights

• holland lights
« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2013, »
Well for prototypes i do my own boards, i can etch,solder mask, and silk screen the board myself. I just do not know about mass quantity's though, as that would be hard for a person to do.  As for board houses i have never needed to mass produce my boards yet. Right now i am designing the rgb board for the 100w flood.

Offline TexasStingray

• Coop Manager
« Reply #6 on: January 25, 2013, »
I sent mine off to seeedstudio.com, it's the first time I've hade some made. They have various sizes starting at 5cm x 5cm for 9.99 plus shipping for 10 boards with up to 5 pcbs (panels) per board. I had to do 10cm x 10cm was just under 33$ for 10 shipped. I sent it in on the 22nd it's already finished production, so now I think it has to go thru testing of 50% of the boards ( includes ) in the price.
Scott Wanner
TX

Watch my videos