Author Topic: Rigid strips  (Read 1247 times)

Offline ratroder

Rigid strips
« on: August 23, 2011, »
Does anyone have any of the rigid strips that they could take some more detailed pictures of? I am thinking of getting four of them and combining them into two big strips of two. But I don't know if this will work well.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2011, by ratroder »

Offline z327

• my personal Christmas lighting web site
Re: Rigid strips
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2011, »
The ALIBABA web site has a close up of the rigid strips mounted side by side.

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
80 Channels LOR, 112 Channels Lynx Express
16 Channels MR16 with 5 Mighty Mini's
2 SmartString HUBs
LedTriks
5,000 LEDs lights, 50,000 incandescent lights, 3,600 RGBs
30 Strobes
15 Snow Lights

Offline rm357

« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2011, »
The way the cables come out of then ends, I'd have to say that without modification, they are not going to line up and be evenly spaced across the joint. You could cut through the plastic coating over the LEDs, remove the existing wires and wire two of them directly together. That would give you the even spacing and allow you to line up the strips properly.

RM
Robert
Warner Robins, Georgia, USA

Offline ratroder

Rigid strips
« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2011, »
That is what I was thinking of.

Offline mykroft

• Restrictive
« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2011, »
I would ask Ray if he can just get the track and ends and if so in what lengths (shipping might be a problem with long lengths), so you could use flex and make any length you need in to the limit of the SSC in regards to 3 leds per section to cut

Offline RJ

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2011, »
1 is the limit this is 120 nodes

Sent from my Charge by Tapatalk

RJ
Innovation beats imitation - and it's more satisfying

Offline TAdamsOK

« Reply #6 on: September 01, 2011, »
One is a picture showing the end to end condition of mine to get an even spacing.  The small squares on the paper they are sitting on are .20".  The darker squares are 1.00".  The last RGB is centered on the darker line.  So there is slightly over an inch in between the nodes and about 1.40" center to center.  The other picture shows that where the half meter strips go together in the rigid is not evenly spaced, but with the tape in the background, you can tell it's not horrible.  I would suggest, as has been before, getting the aluminum extrusion and clips and going with the flex stips if a couple hundred thousandths is going to be noticable.  I highly doubt you could tell from more than a foot away without knowing you were looking for it.  The flex strips seem to be evenly spaced though with a completely different construction.

**Edit** Just noticed the pictures on Ray's site look like flex stips stuffed into a aluminum channel...  These are a different construction with a very soft to the touch clear coating that looks like it was poured onto the strip.  Whereas the flex strips are a flexible PCB in a clear silicon jacket/tube.

« Last Edit: September 01, 2011, by TAdamsOK »