Author Topic: sudden panic  (Read 1290 times)

Offline lashbyrn

sudden panic
« on: September 27, 2013, »
I have ordered 16 of the 50 node LED pixel string ;DC12V input;new model,IP68;TM1804IC from Ray.  It just occurred to me that I may have needed to order male and female connectors as well.  Does anyone know if these strings are terminated with line connectors?  I am using the strings intact and don't need extra connector for subdivisions.  <fp.

Offline Steve Gase

• WinterLightShow in Georgetown, TX
Re: sudden panic
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2013, »
this product comes only with the bare wires.
you'll need to order water-proof connectors separately.
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login  |  110K channels, 50K lights  |  Nutcracker, Falcon, DLA, HolidayCoro

Offline lashbyrn

« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2013, »
thanks

Offline MazdaFan

• Sardinia, Indiana
« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2013, »
I wish I could soothe your panic, but...  <yk..  No, the strings are just clipped ends.  They have no connectors at the end.  Now thats not to say you are dead in the water, by any means.  If you were in the SSC co-op and ordered pigtails... well, thats one option.  Another is to forgo the connectors this year and just solder your strings directly to your SSCs.  You can grab the 3 pin connectors at a later date and sub them in.

Remember.. deep breaths... relaxing thoughts... you have a whole 2 months before it time to put up lights... (ok... less if you are doing Halloween).

Jamie
Jamie Tomlinson
Sardinia, Indiana
--
When you can keep your head when all others are losing theirs,
you clearly don't understand the problem!

Offline scharbon

« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2013, »
why don't you contact Ray and ask him to throw in the connectors.  If he hasn't shipped them already, I am certain he can do this.

Steve

Offline jnealand

• Patron Member
« Reply #5 on: September 27, 2013, »
And order extras.  I have them on some test equipment and move things around so it is always useful to have some extras.  for instance I have one connected to 3 alligator clips so that I can test lights before soldering them up.
Jim Nealand
Kennesaw, GA

Offline zwiller

« Reply #6 on: September 27, 2013, »
The idea to include them in the SSC COOP was genius.  That said, you should have extras.  If Ray already shipped, they are also available here in the US at: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login.  Also, if you strike out, a few of us probably have enough extras BUT they won't come cheap.  j/k   ;D   
Sam, who is happy he flashed his etherdongle with newest firmware!

"Now, I had heard that word at least ten times a day from my old man. He worked in profanity the way other artists might work in oils or clay. It was his true medium; a master."

Offline drlucas

« Reply #7 on: September 27, 2013, »
I got a lot of extras by mistake, I thought I ordered 5 and I got 50. I was ticked at first too because it was shipped with other items that were fragile and a few things got bumped in transit, but in the end everything really worked out for the better. I use these things for going inbetween arches, for breaking my roof outline into 12' sections (about 50 nodes) and I have really quick connects now for breaking things down come January. Also, similar to Jim, I have 4 nodes on one and use it for testing all my SSCs that I've been building lately.
-Ryan Lucas-
- Pickering, Ontario, Canada, Eh?! -

Offline MazdaFan

• Sardinia, Indiana
« Reply #8 on: September 28, 2013, »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
I got a lot of extras by mistake, I thought I ordered 5 and I got 50.

I was in the same boat.  Ordered 5 but got 50, and they have really come in handy.  I set up my arch strings so that they have Male connectors on the input side and female on the output side, so now I can set them up in any order... 3 arches per SSC (40 light strings).  For the final string, I just clipped the wire from a male pigtale, dipped the cut end in liquid tape, and use it as a terminator for the end of the string to keep the moisture out.

All the extra pig tails have really come in handy...

Jamie
Jamie Tomlinson
Sardinia, Indiana
--
When you can keep your head when all others are losing theirs,
you clearly don't understand the problem!

Offline Steve Gase

• WinterLightShow in Georgetown, TX
« Reply #9 on: September 28, 2013, »
I got a lot of extras by mistake, I thought I ordered 5 and I got 50.

I was in the same boat.  Ordered 5 but got 50, and they have really come in handy.  I set up my arch strings so that they have Male connectors on the input side and female on the output side, so now I can set them up in any order... 3 arches per SSC (40 light strings).  For the final string, I just clipped the wire from a male pigtale, dipped the cut end in liquid tape, and use it as a terminator for the end of the string to keep the moisture out.

All the extra pig tails have really come in handy...

Jamie
+1 on all of that! :)
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login  |  110K channels, 50K lights  |  Nutcracker, Falcon, DLA, HolidayCoro