Author Topic: Project Error  (Read 1243 times)

Offline thestig

Project Error
« on: October 12, 2012, »
Hey Sean, After listening to your talk last night I decided to make a quick test project using the party rock song by lmfao. I labeled the song very quickly with audacity and added it to my project music. I then went and threw together a few effects for the different phrases. All of the animated gifs showed up and everything was looking good until I tried to output the file as a vixen file. This is the error that I am getting and the file that it produces is completeley blank.

username is thestig and the project is lmfao party rock (my only project).

also my target is just a 120 node flex strip.

Thanks,

Grant

Offline kgustafson

• Coop Manager
    • Lost Weekend Productions
Re: Project Error
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2012, »
Thanks thestig.  I did not do a ton of testing on single strand as it was being developed while I was working project code.  This looks like a legit error.  I will have to check it out tonight and see what is up.  My suspicion is that either there is an error in the generation of the individual effect NC files (this is the internal format that we use)  or it is something that is wrong in the code that I didn't handle for single strands.  Either way, this needs to be fixed and handled.

Kurt
------
Visit at: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline kgustafson

• Coop Manager
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2012, »
Wow.  Yeah, Single Strand is not batching correctly at all.

I will have to bug Sean to get this fixed.  Looks like the single strand is a two step process on generation.  When batching, there is no second step (or any human behind the generation).  I can tell that the individual NC files for each phrase/effect pair is not being generated.  When the batching program gets to the end (after trying to generate all 9 effects) it checks to see if the 9 NC files exist and if they have the correct format for the target you are using.  Each of them exist, but are not of the correct format (actually they have no entries at all!) , so the batching program resets them to zeros.  That is all the red "Invalids" you are seeing.  The batch program is expecting the each NC file to contain 360 entries (or 3 * 120 smart pixels).  What the batch program is seeing is 0 entries.  Major problem.

Kurt
------

Offline thestig

« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2012, »
I was hoping the issue was on my end :(

I was going to just build each effect by itself but the projects area is the real solution to sequencing. I was amazed how easy it was to phrase the songs in audacity. Once everything is working and I have some cool effects generated the sequencing is going to be smooth sailing. I just might have to run the flex strips as dumb strips for halloween. I am getting way too close to the 15th.

Grant

Offline kgustafson

• Coop Manager
« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2012, »
One solution would be to use Audacity (and project) to get the timing of every effect (project shows the timing of the effects in secs) and just generate each of the phrased effects yourself.  Of course you will have to cut and paste the effects into your sequencer by hand (which can be a big pain in the rear) but it is 'do'able.

Kurt
------

Offline smeighan

• Nutcracker RGB Sequence Builder
« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2012, »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

I was going to just build each effect by itself but the projects area is the real solution to sequencing. I was amazed how easy it was to phrase the songs in audacity. Once everything is working and I have some cool effects generated the sequencing is going to be smooth sailing. I just might have to run the flex strips as dumb strips for halloween. I am getting way too close to the 15th.

Grant

we will get this working since

1) I will have 5 single strand targets in my display
2) i am too lazy to do them one by one

i think this next week will see lots of these bugs addressed
Sean
Littleton, CO
Latest releases You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
xLights/Nutcracker Forum You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Fbook You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline smeighan

• Nutcracker RGB Sequence Builder
« Reply #6 on: October 13, 2012, »

Grant

we will get this working since

1) I will have 5 single strand targets in my display
2) i am too lazy to do them one by one

i think this next week will see lots of these bugs addressed

Ok, your single strand project now runs with no errors, strange thing is it produces the correct vixen file on a localhost, but creates an empty vixen file (just headers and footers) on meighan.net. i am close to finding the last little piece

go ahead and try re-running your project and you will see how this is going to run

you will need a new zip file from github and you will need to erase your local database because we have added a few more columns on some tables.

thanks
Sean
Littleton, CO
Latest releases You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
xLights/Nutcracker Forum You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Fbook You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login