Author Topic: Chicago Bound!  (Read 2279 times)

Offline JerryPlak

Re: Chicago Bound!
« Reply #15 on: September 05, 2010, »
Tom B,
It was Great to meet you & seeing the Aether demonstrate it as a wireless unit.

RJ.  truly  The light performed flawlessly.

Jerry Plak

Offline RJ

• Administrator
« Reply #16 on: September 05, 2010, »
Glad to hear it I hope it was bright enough to see with all the other there floods there. 

RJ
Innovation beats imitation - and it's more satisfying

Offline solidmodeler

« Reply #17 on: September 06, 2010, »
I have to agree here. Your light RJ looked so simple to set up and run. Tom had it out in no time, just waiting for the others to get theirs prepared for the challenge.

Nice job>.. ;D ;D

Michael Bennett
Michael

Lights, more lights, more controllers, more, more, more

Offline RJ

• Administrator
« Reply #18 on: September 06, 2010, »
So how did it do in the challange?  <pop..

If it sucked you can say it is ok. I hope that was not the case but if so then we learn from our failures as well as our successes.

RJ
Innovation beats imitation - and it's more satisfying

Offline basis21b

« Reply #19 on: September 07, 2010, »
I did not see it compared to the Rainbow Flood but compared to the V-Flood and the Mighty Mini the Aether was much brighter and covered more area.

There were a couple of fixtures that were demonstrated that appeared to be stage DMX fixtures.  I saw one which was brighter.  I never heard if the device(s) would survive being outdoors without some kind of enclosure being built/purchased.  Assuming I am correct, I would have liked to have seen those devices in a weatherproof enclosure to gauge the impact it would have on brightness.  There was also little/if anything said about RGB spotlights vs floodlights.

To head off on a tangent...
I really would have liked to have had it set up so there would have been some discussion about when a person would use a device like the Aether vs when one of the other DIY floods might work a little better.  I personally will use a combination because if I use the Aether for one part of my display it puts the fixture in the middle of my driveway.  I feel that mounting the fixture on the side of my house is a little more work that I want to do and there is a good chance that it would be too close and not be effective.

Earlier in the day Mike Z (Zman) gave a DMX presentation.  The theme of that presentation was: Options.  I think it would have been great if the demo had turned into a discussion about options.

I am certain RJ never intended the Aether to be all things to everyone.  It is a wonderful device, absolutely the most flexible device I saw demo'ed.  I am thrilled to have gotten the chance to play with it and am looking forward to using it in my display.  It is going to knock people's socks off.
Tom B