Author Topic: LE past wireless not working  (Read 1402 times)

Offline Freebird

• Coop Manager
LE past wireless not working
« on: November 30, 2010, »
Okay I know many of us are having some type of issue during our setup.  I have another similar problem I'm hoping someone can shed some insight on. 

My set up goes like this:

PC to dongle
Dongle to wireless TX
LE 1 confirmed wireless RX and receiving data.  All Channels in LE 1  (1-16) work.  Terminate jumper NOT on.  DMX OUT 1 has cat 5 to LE 2. ( have swapped over to DMX out 2 with same problem).
LE 2 cat5 cable plugged into DMX in.  Test  button on LE 2 works and controls all lights.  Terminate jumper ON, (have tried removing jumper, problem still exists). 

No lights will work on LE 2 with Vixen sequence or Vixen channel test.  I have rebooted PC, LE 1, LE 2.  The only thing I have not done because it was snowing hard and I already was working in 4 inch's of snow and it was almost midnight is replace the cat 5 cable.  Any other suggestions? Tonight I will replace cat 5 and check out.  If problem still exists I will swap out with spare LE and see if problem is still there.  I still have 6 more LE's and 10 SSR4xDMX to connect and time is running short.  Any help would be great.

Freebird
One day I will fly out of the fog and all of this will be seen clearly!

Offline aERonAUtical96

Re: LE past wireless not working
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2010, »
Have you verified the start address of LE2 to be 17?

Offline rrowan

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2010, »
Hi Freebird,

You need to use DMX Out 2 if using wireless in.

There is no output on DMX Out 1 from the wireless module.

Cheers

Rick R.
Light Animation Hobby - Having fun and Learning at the same time. (21st member of DLA)
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Warning SOME assembly required

Offline smartcontrols

• Coop Manager
« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2010, »
Go inside, warm up a little, take a deep breath, and look at it again. Most of the time it turns out to be something simple that we just did not see.  

As Rick said DMX OUT 2 of LE 1 should connect to DMX IN of LE 2. LE 2 should be terminated. Check to be sure the “Remove For Wireless” jumper (if version 5 ) is connected on LE 2 and is not connected on LE 1.

Myself when testing for this type of problem I temporarily set the start address to the same as a working board. That way I can compare the 2 and be sure it is not me over looking a sequence type problem. If they have the same address they should both do the same thing at the same time.

-Jeff
« Last Edit: November 30, 2010, by smartcontrols »

Offline jstevens

• Professional Net Lurker
« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2010, »
I don't have wireless so I can't comment to that, but this doesn't sound like a wireless problem.

Plug LE2 directly into the dongle, see if it will work in wired mode.  Basically make sure LE2 (and your other LE's) are working stand-alone before putting them into your network.

Offline rrowan

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2010, »
I don't have wireless so I can't comment to that, but this doesn't sound like a wireless problem.

Plug LE2 directly into the dongle, see if it will work in wired mode.  Basically make sure LE2 (and your other LE's) are working stand-alone before putting them into your network.

Well assuming that LE2 works. No LE's using onboard wireless will pass DMX data on DMX Output 1. DMX out 1 is not connected to the onboard wireless. DMX in and DMX out1 are connected together. DMX output 2 will output DMX using the onboard wireless

If using DMX stand alone RX then that connects to the DMX in and both DMX outputs will work.

Rick R.
Light Animation Hobby - Having fun and Learning at the same time. (21st member of DLA)
Warning SOME assembly required

Offline Freebird

• Coop Manager
« Reply #6 on: December 01, 2010, »
Rick and SmartControls were right.....  I went back out, thought that I tested in DMX 2 out but still placed cat5 in DMX2 out on LE 1.  Went over to LE 2 tested with on board test mode, removed terminate jumper, placed jumper back on.  Started Vixen and all was working great!!!!  I was so tired that night and standing in snow and getting snowed on probably had a lot to do with my judgement calls.  Anyways  all is great!!!  going to hook up the next LE's and SS4's tonight and let the show begin!!

Thanks everyone for their input, it really did help alot and I appreciate it!!

Freebird
One day I will fly out of the fog and all of this will be seen clearly!