Author Topic: WTB few pixels to try  (Read 1514 times)

Offline zwiller

WTB few pixels to try
« on: January 08, 2012, »
I really would like to try some of these before ordering anything from Ray.  If you have a few pixels to spare, I would like to get my hands on 2-3 pixels of rectangular, square, and smart strings.  Obviously will pay for them and shipping.  Thanks!
Sam, who is happy he flashed his etherdongle with newest firmware!

"Now, I had heard that word at least ten times a day from my old man. He worked in profanity the way other artists might work in oils or clay. It was his true medium; a master."

Offline typoagain

Re: WTB few pixels to try
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2012, »
You can get the rectangular "dumb" 5050 rgb nodes for Harrison at You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login.

He'll sell them one at a time for less than you pay for the shipping from Ray. he also carries the little cheap 3 channel DMX controllers. If you ask real nicely he will even program the addresses in the  3 channel controllers for you. He's a great guy to deal with too.
One of the new guys in Odessa TX.

Offline mkozik1

• Monroe, GA 30655
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2012, »
I went to the site and there is very little being displayed.  Did not see anything under LEDs
- Mark

Offline zwiller

« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2012, »
Yes, his site is wonky.  I'll give it time.  Probably an upgrade in progress.  Holiday coro has a dumb sample pack too. 

I am gonna try and shoot Ray an email for a sampler and if shipping isn't crazy I will grab some that way.  Thought I would have an offer here by now...

Most likely I will end up using a combination of smart and dumb pixels in my display but the smart ones seem more conducive to what I am trying to do at this point.     

"Now, I had heard that word at least ten times a day from my old man. He worked in profanity the way other artists might work in oils or clay. It was his true medium; a master."

Offline dpitts

• Restrictive
« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2012, »
Do you already have Smart String Controller and hub to test Smart Strings? If so I will send you 2 or three nodes to look at.

Offline zwiller

« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2012, »
Yep.  I have a hub and 4 controllers from last years coop.   

If you could send me some that would great!!!   >.d9

Thanks.  PM the particulars...

Offline dpitts

• Restrictive
« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2012, »
No details just pm your address and i will send them.