Hardware > Lynx MR16 / 16 CH DC Controller

Rework on The MR 16

(1/2) > >>

mmais68569:
I am using one in my show this year & had some thoughts on how to make them more user friendly.
1 add a Dip switch or LED display like Express to set address
2 Replace current terminals with screw terminals like on the Express
3 Possible addition of a wireless antenna but not a big deal if not. I am using a TX/RX & it is working great.

If I am out of bounds with this post delete. Just my thoughts on some updates.

Merry Christmas
          Mike

rrowan:
I really don't see the MR16 getting a display. It would require a whole new board and the same pic as the LE

Asking for changes is not out of bounds.

Of course only RJ can decide if its worth a new board for the MR16

Rick R.

zwiller:
It does seem like the MR16 is back in style...  I am indifferent about the start address but the spade terminal connectors have not been easy to find locally...  I have yet to find a place except Fastenal ($16 for 100 connectors) that sells just the female connectors.  Every other place wants $3 for a assorted spade connectors 3-4 of which are the correct size.  The screw terminals might be a good idea.  I am contemplating soldering Ray's connectors to the spade lugs or even directly to pcb and not installing spades on new units.  Whatever changes are made, the key is to keep it the same footprint so it can be mounted together with a power supply in the CG1500.   

mmais68569:
You can find the female only ends on Ebay cheap.

Mike

TexasStingray:
I mounted 2 in a case that we use for the expresses (I think it's the C1500) , put 5 pig tails on each one and turned them into a 5 line DMX Dumb String Controller. Feeding +12 volts out across 1 set of the 2 wires and then 3 sets of 2 wires for the 3 negative lines. Seem to work pretty well.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version