Author Topic: Lynx Express v5 - T/S Data Port  (Read 2710 times)

Offline gwright13

Re: Lynx Express v5 - T/S Data Port
« Reply #15 on: December 05, 2010, »
Currently I removed the 1k resistor  - no change

Then I removed the Data LED - no change

Currently I have the data led removed and the 1k resistor

Offline RJ

• Administrator
« Reply #16 on: December 05, 2010, »
Well with the info we have removing it I would have bet would have fixed it.

Make sure it is a 1k an put it back.

Check the pins I pointed out in the previous post with a ohm meter to make sure they do make connections.

RJ
Innovation beats imitation - and it's more satisfying

Offline gwright13

« Reply #17 on: December 05, 2010, »
I will give that a try - and let you know how it works out tomorrow

Offline gwright13

« Reply #18 on: December 05, 2010, »
I have one more piece of information that I failed to tell you

When I run the board through test mode and after it goes through all the channels, it then finishes with Led 3 / DMX (staying on) and Led 4 / Done (staying on)

Offline RJ

• Administrator
« Reply #19 on: December 06, 2010, »
Ok that should have been the first thing as it is a biggy. When you said it passed the test ok I was expected that you had all three leds at the end for a successful test.

Ok the issue is in the area of the ZC as you should have a ZC led when it finishes.

Look at the area of the 6 pin H1aa1 chip in the botton left of the pcb between the Transformer and the fuse.

Check for solder joints missing or bad, Chip in backwards, Pins bent, pull it out and look then put it back.

Look at the 2k resistor and the two 15K larger resistors. Make sure all is good with them and they are what they are the correct ones.

That is the ZC circuit and if you have no ZC led after the test this is your problem and why it will not work.

Let me know!

RJ

Offline gwright13

« Reply #20 on: December 06, 2010, »
Ok, here is what I did, I took this board to a friend and him look it over, and he noticed the H1aa1 chip in backwards!  Its now works I have blinky blinky!

As for the tests of the board, I did not think much of the lights being on or off after it runs through the test because I gets different results here, and that has never been the problem.

Its funny that once I explained that to you, you zeroed in on the exact problem, you are awesome.  Here I thought that I was going to log in today and tell you something new.  Anyways I will work on paying it forward and see if I can help others with the same or similar problem in the future.  Even though this was not what I wanted to spend the last 2 nights on, I gained a lot of knowledge, and for that I thank you!

This is an awesome hobby!

Gary

Offline RJ

• Administrator
« Reply #21 on: December 06, 2010, »
Glad you got it fixed!

You never know what the one little piece of information is going to be the makes it all so clear. In this case, No ZC signal.

RJ