Author Topic: Can i put my Express' in a garbage bag  (Read 4096 times)

Offline rimist

Re: Can i put my Express' in a garbage bag
« Reply #15 on: November 24, 2011, »
As a thought, our neighborhood had vandal issues years ago, and I put up CCTV cameras. I bought them from eBay, they work both day and night. At night they use ir leds to illuminate, and the LEDs show just a bit glowing red. It is a heck of a deterrent to any would be vandals.
If you look at crime maps for this area, you'll notice my street has next to none.

- Rimist

Sent from my HTC Glacier using Tapatalk
- Rimist

Offline fertsy

• Coop Manager
« Reply #16 on: November 24, 2011, »
Why did I not think of this....Thats perfect. this with a 10" x 10" piece of plywood would work great. I will pick some up Friday for backups. Happy Thanksgiving all!

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
I paint my enclosures black. I also use these You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to attach my controllers to. They work really well for me!

Donny

Offline fertsy

• Coop Manager
« Reply #17 on: November 24, 2011, »
Luckily I have armed guards all around my property, at least 50 at all times. Guess thats the good part about living on a military installation. Now of course the downside to this is the limited number of people able to view the display.

As a thought, our neighborhood had vandal issues years ago, and I put up CCTV cameras. I bought them from eBay, they work both day and night. At night they use ir leds to illuminate, and the LEDs show just a bit glowing red. It is a heck of a deterrent to any would be vandals.
If you look at crime maps for this area, you'll notice my street has next to none.

- Rimist

Sent from my HTC Glacier using Tapatalk

Offline jnealand

• Patron Member
« Reply #18 on: November 24, 2011, »
I paint my enclosures black. I also use these You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to attach my controllers to. They work really well for me!

Donny

That is the same post that I use.  I have put wire hangers on the back of each express and hang them from the top clip.  For wire hangers I drill a hole thru the two top standoffs on the back and use a piece of wire cut from a tomato cage.  The wire from the tomato cages will not rust.  I tried some other wire the first year and all the wires rusted.  One tomato cage will yield enough wire to do a dozen or more LEs.  I get my posts from the local Home Depot which for me is only a mile away, but I'll bet you can find them at any hardware store or garden store.
Jim Nealand
Kennesaw, GA

Offline Gary

• Diamond Crescent
« Reply #19 on: November 25, 2011, »
I wrap mine in plastic bags, partially to hide them, and partially to keep the plugs dry.

I don't have mine on posts, but instead of leaving them completely flat, I have old scraps of landscape ties that I lean them on, so it water somehow got inside, it can run out the holes on the bottom.

Offline Freebird

• Coop Manager
« Reply #20 on: November 28, 2011, »
I use the 18 gallon totes from walmart, Lowes, Etc.  I try to get the ones in red, green or holiday colors and then tape stripes on them to look like giant Christmas gifts.  It adds to the decorations in the yard. 

Freebird
One day I will fly out of the fog and all of this will be seen clearly!

Offline PJNMCT

• Patron Member
« Reply #21 on: November 29, 2011, »
I use the 18 gallon totes from walmart, Lowes, Etc.  I try to get the ones in red, green or holiday colors and then tape stripes on them to look like giant Christmas gifts.  It adds to the decorations in the yard. 

Freebird
Great idea!

I used black totes and plastic bags last year. They seemed to work well for me but i like the christmas present idea.

-Paul
Leesburg, FL