Author Topic: Paypal Question  (Read 1259 times)

Offline tbone321

Paypal Question
« on: September 07, 2009, »
Ok, I'm new here and have a question about using paypal.  I have set up a new account for board purchases and coops.  Currently it is only tied to a credit card and I have no intention of linking it to any of my bank accounts any time soon.  If anyone else in here is using a paypal account that is only tied to a credit card, could you tell me what pay option to use to send money to a coop manager.   I am in the splitter coop and need to get that money paid ASAP.  Thanks for any help you may be able to provide.
If at first you don't succeed,
your not cut out for sky diving

Offline ThaiWay

• Patron Member
  • 1500 C9's are not [i]green[/i]!
Re: Paypal Question
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2009, »
Hey Mr. Bone... did you verify your CC on PayPal?  They will make a small charge ($1.95) to your CC with a code number.  Then you'll have to retrieve that code (statement, or call your issuer) and enter it on the site to link your CC to your account.  PayPal sends emails with all of these instructions, and it's easy to complete once you have the code.  I don't remember ever having to link a bank account, but it's been awhile.  Good luck!

John
Chok Dee! (Thai "good luck" greeting)
John

Unofficial 220V 50Hz Beta Tester

Offline mschell

• Christmas in Applegate
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2009, »
You don't actually need a Paypal account to pay via Paypal with a CC.  You can send money to RJ just by using the CC.

In any case, as John said, you have to verify the CC with Paypal by going thru the steps.  Since you only have a CC linked to your Paypal account, it should be the default method of payment for any time you send money to someone.
Mark
Kernersville, NC
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline jnealand

• Patron Member
« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2009, »
I have never verified a credit card account with paypal and I have used at least 3 different credit cards to make payments for stuff bought using paypal, from ebay or dla or other vendors who accept paypal.  Unfortunately as I understand it I can not accept payments using paypal unless I link a bank account and I refuse to give anyone (even my utility vendors) access to my bank account.  I have heard that I could accept paypal payments, but the only way I could get access to that money is to send it out to a paypal vendor.  To bad Mouser does not accept paypal.
Jim Nealand
Kennesaw, GA

Offline tbone321

« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2009, »
Thanks for the replies so far but I still don't know the proper options to send RJ the money.  Paypal did not ask to verify the CC and has accepted it for use (with a restriction on the amount per month) so that is not my problem.  My question still is exactly what options are used to make the payment correctly.  Please don't make any assumptions that I have any clue as to how anything in paypal works because I DON'T.  I have only used paypal once in my life and that was years ago and even then, it was with retail vendor on ebay where it was set up like any other credit card processing form.  This is not the case here.

When I log into paypal one of the tabs is to send money.  When selected, it then askes for the email of the person being sent the money and the amount to send.  This much even I can figure out.  The problem is were to go from here.  On the bottom of the form there is another sub box that indicates the payment type.  The two types are Purchase and Personal.  If I leave it as the default everything looks good but since I'm paying by CC, the FAQ makes it appear that the CC processing fee will be deducted from the payment made to RJ.  If I select the personal box and select payment owed, everything looks good there but now the shipping address is not included in the payment and I'm not sure if the card will charge me a cash advance fee.

I guess that what I need to know is what options are others that pay by CC with paypal are using to make sure that the coop manager is getting what they are owed.

Offline jnealand

• Patron Member
« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2009, »
send money
enter You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login for email address
enter dollar amount
select purchase, goods
select continue
enter your credit card info and make sure your address in in the shipping address
in the message box enter you dla id and what you are paying for

Jim Nealand
Kennesaw, GA

Offline tbone321

« Reply #6 on: September 08, 2009, »
Thank you for your reply.  I'm going to do that right now.