Author Topic: Trigger Response  (Read 967 times)

Offline jem5136

• Lights of the Night
Trigger Response
« on: May 17, 2010, »
I was thinking about my Halloween Haunted House today, and I has an idea that guests could walk through a sensor and a few channels would fade on, and then when they exit the room, they would pass through another sensor and the lights would fade off. I was wondering how I could do this using Vixen and either Renard controllers or Lynx controllers.

Any thoughts?

Thanks,
Jesse
2011 Plans:
   - Second year for dimmable animation
   - 184 Channels of Blinky Flashy :D
   - 8 RGB Flood Lights
It's gonna be fun!! :D

Offline crazybob

Re: Trigger Response
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2010, »
I don't know about vixen, but I did this exact thing for my haunted house using Brookshire Software's VSA program. I got it bundled with my Skulltronix, but I believe it's around $50 to buy on it's own. I made my routine in VSA and hooked it up to a DMX dimmer pack. I then hacked a motion sensor to turn on a relay, which completed a circuit that was wired into the "enter" key of an old keyboard to start the routine. If you don't mind spending a bit more, you can buy a I/O board to give you multiple inputs or even buy a keyboard emulator to do what you want.
That's my way... There are about 15 different ways to do it though. Vixen may work just fine if someone else knows how.

Offline kiwichristmas

Re: Trigger Response
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2010, »
There are some trigger plugins around for vixen, using usb, gameport or network to setup trigger events.
but most of them set off a seq that runs though to the end of the seq, i.e. a set amount of time.

It has been a while since I last looked into this, and there has been a few version changes from KC, so
anything is possible if you ask for it  ;D

cheers
Chris