Author Topic: RJ's Video Cliff Hanger  (Read 2727 times)

Offline typoagain

RJ at Lone Star Holiday.
« Reply #15 on: August 11, 2011, »
Guys, I want to tell something you about RJ, JJ and the presentation at Lone Star Academy.
RJ was not sure until the last minute that he would be able to come and so was fit in at the last minute. He actually started speaking during the time we had scheduled for dinner. When the dinner break was over, RJ was not. Three other classes were due to start at that time. I have no idea if anyone even showed up for the classes. I do know that no one left the main hall!
We stayed with RJ until they literally threw us out of the building. After that we went to dinner. I was lucky enough to get at the same table as RJ and JJ. We stayed at the restaurant until we were the last people thereby a long shot! (Don't worry, the waiter made out like a bandit.  LOL!)
What RJ does not know is that while he went to get some well-earned sleep, some of us ended up talking about his designs in the parking lot. We were out there with the trunks of our cars open showing each other his DIY designs and how we can use them. I finally got to sleep at 1 a.m.
To say he had an impact would be a gross understatement.
Personally, I went to the academy with the desire to look at software and controllers. I currently have LOR’s top of the line controllers. I was considering switching to the LE and running Lightshow Pro V.2
At the Academy we got to see one a beta version of Lightshow Pro V.2. I was impressed to say the least. Add that to the stuff that is coming out with and I am sold.  I will be adding RGB this year and hopefully starting with pixel strings by next year. I already have my first two LE on the bench right now.
One of the new guys in Odessa TX.

Offline lineman

• Coop Manager
Re: RJ's Video Cliff Hanger
« Reply #16 on: August 11, 2011, »
RJ I just had the chance to view your video , All I can say about it is ( TELL us more , Tell us more  <pop..)
GREAT JOB THANKS FOR SHARING
Jeff

Offline dowdybrown

• Gleannloch Christmas
« Reply #17 on: August 11, 2011, »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
I haven't watched the video yet since I was THERE!  Matt didn't say much though. Just that they were excited about working with RJ on the software side of the Conductor and he had xlights running a demo, I think running to the etherdongle.

It's actually a bit hazy after teaching two classes and all the information RJ threw at us. Maybe Matt will chime in unless he is head down working on the new software.

Ron
csf and I are very excited to be working with RJ on the Conductor!!! I am sure we will be using Conductors for years to come.

The demo Ron refers to was xLights driving Pixelnet. I'm still working on getting xLights to speak E1.31.

Matt
Matt Brown

Offline TheBanker

« Reply #18 on: August 11, 2011, »
Thanks RJ!
Will

Offline steve_hirst

« Reply #19 on: August 12, 2011, »
as one of the people out in the parking lot after dinner I can say that with what was on the original video and the add on that RJ has come out with since and a few comments that have been discused in this thread. I think everything that was covered in the class has been covered here.

Offline PJNMCT

• Patron Member
RJ's Video Cliff Hanger
« Reply #20 on: August 12, 2011, »
WOW!

After watching RJ's 2nd video...

What a vision for the future <whew, shaking head in disbelief>

...THANKS RJ...

-Paul

---
I am here: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
- Sent from my iPad2 using Tapatalk
Leesburg, FL

Offline mmciver

• Love the blinky blinky! in 85086
« Reply #21 on: August 15, 2011, »
RJ,

Love the Video's, even though I am having trouble seeing the whole video:( Freezes 1/2 way thru.

I really like your approach of making something very technical simple for people to use in their displays.

While I really like soldering the boards together and using something that is handmade, I really appreciate the thought that went into them and the ease of setting up and using.

Keep up the great work, I look forward to the etherdongle and eventually the Conductor.  I might even get the neighbors involved using that lovely piece of tech.

Mike.
650000 lights!
160 Channels - 2010 numbers
RGB elements
Combo Mega Tree
Never enough lights!

Offline cBell

• Christmas in Brewster
« Reply #22 on: August 16, 2011, »
RJ,

Love the Video's, even though I am having trouble seeing the whole video:( Freezes 1/2 way thru.

Had a similar problem, but reloading Vimeo and having the video reload seemed to take care of it.  Must be something funny going on with Vimeo.
-Chris
Follow my journey: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login