Author Topic: Using the conductor  (Read 478 times)

Offline typoagain

Using the conductor
« on: September 29, 2013, »
OK. I am finally ready to set up and use my conductor and run my LEs, transmitter, and other DMX devices of it.
But I really do not fully understand how. Wiring it up is easy, but how do I prep my music and LOR files, set up and run the softwear side of things?
What software do I need to get to best operate all of this?
I have LOR and LSP, and have a few songs already sequenced in LOR. All I need to do to the music is make sure I am using the proper bit rate
I am thinking of setting up and running a real simple 12 channel of show for Halloween so I need to get it in gear. Only 2-3 songs with very simple sequencing, basically on-off stuff with a few fades. No arches, spirals, sweeps, etc. Really simple stuff only. I want to run like 3-4 channels off of 3 or 4 LEs as a test for Christmas.
I figure there is a tutorial for all of this but is it all in one place and where do I find it?
One of the new guys in Odessa TX.

Offline keitha43

Re: Using the conductor
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2013, »
There is a document included with the firmware that explains a lot of it. It explains how to format the card and how to set up the needed files and the file name limitations. The control panel application to create the files on the card is also included in the firmware download. It also is where you create your shows and schedule. Some functions are done when connected to the card through a card reader/writer and some functions when connected to the conductor through the network. All mp3's need to be converted to .ogg files. You can use xlights to convert your lor sequences to conductor format. LSP has its own converter in its export screen. I suggest reading the earlier threads on the subject as some operating systems did the format a little differently and there is some troubleshooting info in them as well.

Offline typoagain

Re: Using the conductor
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2013, »
OK, I'll try to dive right in during the next few days. Thx!
One of the new guys in Odessa TX.