Author Topic: my first thank you!  (Read 478 times)

Offline duane.mosley

• hearthstonelights.com
my first thank you!
« on: December 17, 2013, »
so as i'm just sitting on my couch watching tv with my wife, we get a knock at the door. dogs go crazy as we look at each other puzzled, thinking who the heck is that? as i answer the door, a young man who might have been 30 is standing there and i asked him if i could help him. he apologized for knocking at such a late hour and proceeded to tell me that he had been having a really rough day and that my show made him feel so much better. i honestly got choked up a little. i told him thank you, and that people ask all the time why i do it and that his joy was the reason(as well as some of my own joy in watching it) i've read some of your stories about cards and cookies and to experience something like that personally motivates me. i have had a static display my entire life. i am 40 years old and my grandma bought my first blowmold santa when i was 5, i still have it. he is in the yard lit up as i type.  this is my second year of animation and i want to thank every one of you involved with making this hobby possible. i know it sounds cliche and we all take things for granted but i honestly truly thank you. if i could ever help any of you the way you've helped me i wouldn't hesitate, if you knew me you would know that is true.

thank you sincerely,

Duane Mosley
Florence, Ky 
Florence, KY

facebook.com/hearthstonelights

Offline WWNF911

• Patron Member
Re: my first thank you!
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2013, »
Duane your story is touching and really hit home as to "Why we do it". Thank you for sharing and Merry Christmas.

Best wishes in the New Year!

Leon
Leon

Offline onesmoothhead

• Listen to the Lights New Mexico
« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2013, »
This is why Duane. An amazing feeling for us and more for others. Really this is what it is all about. Smiles and happiness every place. 

Sent from my iPhone using You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline duane.mosley

• hearthstonelights.com
« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2013, »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Duane your story is touching and really hit home as to "Why we do it". Thank you for sharing and Merry Christmas.

Best wishes in the New Year!

Leon

yes sir. merry christmas to you
Florence, KY

facebook.com/hearthstonelights