Author Topic: Found - another commercial controller vendor - Revival Control Systems  (Read 3480 times)

Offline D56VillageNut

• Patron Member
    • Thompson Snow Village
Saw this pop up in one of the ads on the side of Google Search. 

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

After looking at the pricing I am SOOOOO GLAD I found out about DLA.

Alan T

Offline castortiu

It doesn't say if supports DMX or is proprietary protocol.

Cas.

Offline jem5136

• Lights of the Night
Wow, thats expensive. For $500, I have all of my controllers, and I have 162 channels. DIY is better:D
2011 Plans:
   - Second year for dimmable animation
   - 184 Channels of Blinky Flashy :D
   - 8 RGB Flood Lights
It's gonna be fun!! :D

Offline castortiu

Is expensive but is not crazy expensive for people that they don’t want to mess with soldering and all the stuff, they are 40 channels and not 16.

Every kit in a coop is 65$ + 10$ for the case, about 75$ = 16 channels.

40 channels with DIY cost about $190, so they have made a 150% profit.

For people like us doesn't make sense at all, but for a casual Show man, buy once and you have 40 channels to play with.

Something that could be a killer is if they do not support DMX, because you are trapped to their software or pray that another Free software as Vixen implement the protocol.

What I see expensive are LOR products, since you have to pay about $800 for the 40 channels + Software.

Cas.

Offline Sly

Does not appear to be DMX. A quick look at the site it says that up to 128 controllers can be on the "network". At 40 channels per controller that is 5,120 channels or 10 DMX Universes. :o Also there is no type of dongle listed in what comes with it and under the system requirements for the software it says a serial port is required capable of at least 56kbps. So I would guess it is a proprietary protocol or standard serial communication. Also at over $11/channel vs. less than $5/channel for the express and the ability to use a standard protocol like DMX, I think I will stick with DIY. :)

Offline jem5136

• Lights of the Night
I downloaded the demo version of their software(just for kicks and giggles) and its pretty much exactly like Vixen, but slower. The wizard for a new sequences is almost identical, the profile set up is the exact same. I wonder if I can use .dll files with their software? everything looks like its the same...
2011 Plans:
   - Second year for dimmable animation
   - 184 Channels of Blinky Flashy :D
   - 8 RGB Flood Lights
It's gonna be fun!! :D

Offline D56VillageNut

• Patron Member
    • Thompson Snow Village
From what I could tell when looking around they use a proprietary protocol (sounds a lot like LOR with Shimmer, Sparkle, etc) and their software does look a lot like Vixen and all the rest in the grid mode but they mentioned some automated sequencing features.  I've not had a chance to dig deeper but put this out there just as a "Hmmm" for us DIYer's.

Alan T

Offline knguyen916

seems like a fairly new company especially with only 8 users on their forum. Those demos are probably from the developers who decided to go commercial.