Hardware > Lynx Express

Lynx Express - Configuration Program

(1/9) > >>

rrowan:
Hi Folks,

The attached zip file that RJ wrote needs to be unzipped and then run the Setup.msi program. This will install the configuration software for the Express on your PC.

Once that is done, click on the Settings menu and then click on Update Light List. This will download the light curves from the DLA website.

To use the program:
1 - Set the Com port in the Setting menu
2 - Set the start channel from the drop down list.
3 - Set the four curves to what you want from the drop down list
4 - Assign the 16 channels to one of the four curves from step 2.

5 - Put your Express in prg mode by hitting the mode button and when "PRG" shows up hit the edit button to turn the decimal on the right on. It should day "PRG."  

6 - Now hit the Program button and the express should program and reboot.

The windows program will stay in transmit mode until you click on the stop button. This allows you to walk around your yard and program all of your Expresses if needed.

Rick R.

*Notes*
1 - From my technical advisor - Make sure a dongle is connected to the computer and Express
2 - Here is the link to the video of RJ showing the Express being setup with the Config program You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

PJNMCT:
Rick,

How long is the download suppose to take?

-Paul

rrowan:
You are not allowed to view links. Register or LoginRick,

How long is the download suppose to take?

-Paul

--- End quote ---

On my computer and Fios

A blink of the eye

Rick R.

Christmasaddict:
I am a little confused.  Is this something that HAS to be done in addition to putting the firmware on the PIC?

jnealand:
RJ a little request for the next upgrade to the config program.  The screen on my netbook is to short to be able to see the start button.   Not being a programmer I'm not going to propose a solution, just define the problem.  I can drag the window up but can only see the very top edge of the button.  I use the netbook when out in the yard and I keep it next to my workbench when upgrading and testing expresses. 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version