Hardware > Lynx Express

What the heck is a V4?

(1/3) > >>

Blackbeard:
I saw the coop announcement, but firstly, don't understand why a V3 coop is running simultaneously with a V4 coop. So we have a first fourth and a fourth 3rd!!

So, I'm guessing that the V4 PCB must be a real change from V3 to do so. Where is the changelog, or whatever you call it, for the V4?

Will the heatsinks be 22K gold plated ;)?

steve

rrowan:
Hi Steve,

LE v4 pcb basically removes the 32 - 180 ohm resistors. Making it easier to build. It also includes another jumper to make it easier to switch between the wired or wireless modular.

Both of the current LE coops will be getting the new v4 board.

No gold plating for the heat sinks (Sorry)

Rj did post what the changes were in the "Suggestion for safely change" topic in the Express forum.

Hope that helps some

Rick R.

Blackbeard:
I was kinda thinking that it might be those safety changes version, but that thread seems to be a little unsettled, if you know what I mean.

Thanks.

steve

bugless:
Just wondering...

I have 2 version 3 kits from coop #3 that haven't been built yet, and was thinking of buying 2 more in the current #4 coop.

For the sake of consistency I would like to have them all the same.  Does the version 3 kit have all the parts needed to populate a version 4 board?  (e.g. I would buy 2 kits and then 2 Version 4 boards and use them rather than the version 3).

Doug

RJ:
You are not allowed to view links. Register or LoginJust wondering...

I have 2 version 3 kits from coop #3 that haven't been built yet, and was thinking of buying 2 more in the current #4 coop.

For the sake of consistency I would like to have them all the same.  Does the version 3 kit have all the parts needed to populate a version 4 board?  (e.g. I would buy 2 kits and then 2 Version 4 boards and use them rather than the version 3).

Doug

--- End quote ---

You only need 1 additional 2 pin headers and 1 extra shunt to jumper it with.

In other words you would need 1  more mouser PN # 538-22-03-2021 and 1 more mouser PN# 649-65474-002LF  for each Version 3 pcb you want to switch the PCB out to a version 4 pcb.  This is $.29 worth of parts.

you would not use 32 of the resistors you were sent on the Version 3 pcbs with the version 4 pcbs.

Does this help you?

RJ

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version