Hardware > Lynx Express

LE Trouble

(1/3) > >>

davel295:
I finished building my second LE earlier today and it tested OK. After dinner I plugged it back in to show my son and the digits are not lighting up. 5v & 3.3 are OK, tried going manual to test mode and that worked. Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance,

davel295

memphislights:
check the direction of the PIC and the LED driver (big chip to the right of the 7 segment leds.)

then check all of the solder joints again.

davel295:
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Logincheck the direction of the PIC and the LED driver (big chip to the right of the 7 segment leds.)

then check all of the solder joints again.

--- End quote ---

Thanks, already ckecked orientations and even swapped chips from other board - still have problem (chips worked in other board). Gotta go to hardware/elec. store for new soldering tip b/4 resoldering.

davel295

rrowan:
Hi Davel295

Please post pictures of both sides of the board. Double check all solder joints and make sure all parts are in the correct location and direction.

Rick R.

davel295:
You are not allowed to view links. Register or LoginHi Davel295

Please post pictures of both sides of the board. Double check all solder joints and make sure all parts are in the correct location and direction.

Rick R.

--- End quote ---

Thanks for the reply. Unable to post pictures. The problem has become intermittant. Everything is working except for the 7-segment digits - they don't always come on. I suspect bad solder joint. Where does their power come from so that I can make sure I check those solder joints.

davel295

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version