Author Topic: Vixen Problem  (Read 3988 times)

Offline Raptorman670

Vixen Problem
« on: December 03, 2012, »
Hi i have had my show running for a week now finally got all my sequences working. I have a problem when I schedule my show with Vixen the first  sequence plays then when it is down it stops and I have to shut it down and restart Vixen and restart the current timers then it works for the rest of the night with out a problem. Only problem is I have to be around to start it or it won't run. Any suggestions I'm stumped. thanks Dave

Offline onesmoothhead

• Listen to the Lights New Mexico
Vixen Problem
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2012, »
I had this same problem 2 years ago.  I use Xlights for my scheduler. It is very easy to use and never fails.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

sjb

Re: Vixen Problem
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2012, »
Do you have all of your sequences in one program or in seperate ones. I had an issue where it would not save my program in the scheduler. So I had to delete it in the manage program and then manually delete it in the folder. I then created a new one and reset the timers and it worked fine. Make sure you have "0" in the delay between sequences and also I used the use profile instead of use sequence for output plug-ins.

Steve
« Last Edit: December 03, 2012, by sjb »

Offline Raptorman670

« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2012, »
Ok thanks for the help guys I will try some of your ideas. I tried using xlights and could get a program to run just not any lights to work.
                          Dave

Offline chrisatpsu

• ahhh, yes... my new blink-i-nator 3000!!!
« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2012, »
open xlights...

click network setup
top center, click DMX Pro/ Lynx

select your COM port
select the baud rate (if available)
and last channel (16)
click ok

click schedule and test
click the button that looks like music sliders
inside here you should be able to turn your channels on and off to make sure that they work.
To rule the entire tri-state area!  What's that? Perry the Platypus!!!

Offline Raptorman670

« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2012, »
Thanks Chris  I will try that. I will have to wait till tomorrow I have to go to work in a hour and don't want to mess up my show for tonight. I have to work 10 hour days all week so will have little time to mess with it.
          Dave

Offline kgustafson

• Coop Manager
    • Lost Weekend Productions
« Reply #6 on: December 03, 2012, »
+1 on the switch from Vixen Scheduler to Xlights.  Vixen never worked for me.  Xlights is very reliable.
------
Visit at: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline duane.mosley

• hearthstonelights.com
« Reply #7 on: December 04, 2012, »
vixen scheduler is working fine for me. are you using pixel net? my program has it set up to use my sequence profile for each song, but they are all on the same profile any way. if your using pixel net with usb donble, uncheck usb dongle in the profile. if your using ether dongle, just use the ether dongle in the profile and uncheck pixel net. i had the same problem with it shutting down after one song and as soon as i did the above, everything works fine for me.

duane
Florence, KY

facebook.com/hearthstonelights

Offline chrisatpsu

• ahhh, yes... my new blink-i-nator 3000!!!
« Reply #8 on: December 04, 2012, »
Dave has 16 channels (1 LE)
To rule the entire tri-state area!  What's that? Perry the Platypus!!!

Offline onesmoothhead

Vixen Problem
« Reply #9 on: December 04, 2012, »
If you are getting a com error during the shut down on Vixen (very common with the USB dongle) you should switch to Xlights. I use Vixen and the first year I used the scheduler, I had 50 shut downs on 128 channels. Then last year I used Xlights for the scheduler after converting my songs (easy to do) in Xlights and scheduling the whole month I had zero issues. I love Vixen for my show software, but Xlights is a great scheduler and that is all it is.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
« Last Edit: December 10, 2012, by onesmoothhead »

Offline duane.mosley

• hearthstonelights.com
« Reply #10 on: December 04, 2012, »
something i forgot dave. you have to leave your computer on with the vixen program open to run the schedule automatically. it will not start vixen and run the show.

duane
Florence, KY

Offline Raptorman670

Xlights
« Reply #11 on: December 09, 2012, »
Hey Chris I tried using Xlights and did everything you posted and when i clicked on the schedule and test tab used the button that looked liked the music sliders the lights were working. I then scheduled my show the music came on at the right time but no lights. All my sequences and mp3 files are in the right directory.

I clicked on the blue + sign and named my playlist.

Checked boxes audio and xlights i also converted the vix files to xseq files

clicked on double arrow to add all files then they went to the playlist mp3 files and xseq files

last clicked on the schedule tab clicked on the schedule playlist selected my playlist,time and checked repeat set the date clicked ok  checked box run schedule and count down started audio played but no lights. Any suggestions?
                                      Dave

Offline duane.mosley

• hearthstonelights.com
« Reply #12 on: December 09, 2012, »
i was really nervous last night. i had to go to a work christmas party and had to rely on the vixen scheduler. it was ROCK solid. i had several friends come by and said everything was running smooth and everyone loved the show.  i have been running live all week with 192 dmx and about 900 pixel net channels and not one glitch with the vixen scheduler.  what kind of set up are you using? early post says 16 channels so i'm assuming usb dongle? if you want to zip your folder and post it i'm sure i or someone here could offer assistance to get you going solid. just a thought.

duane
Florence, KY

Offline Raptorman670

« Reply #13 on: December 10, 2012, »
Any one know of something I may be doing wrong with Xlights? Am I doing everything that has to be done according to my procedure?

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
I tried using Xlights and did everything you posted and when i clicked on the schedule and test tab used the button that looked liked the music sliders the lights were working. I then scheduled my show the music came on at the right time but no lights. All my sequences and mp3 files are in the right directory.

I clicked on the blue + sign and named my playlist.

Checked boxes audio and xlights i also converted the vix files to xseq files

clicked on double arrow to add all files then they went to the playlist mp3 files and xseq files

last clicked on the schedule tab clicked on the schedule playlist selected my playlist,time and checked repeat set the date clicked ok  checked box run schedule and count down started audio played but no lights. Any suggestions?
                                      Dave

Offline onesmoothhead

« Reply #14 on: December 10, 2012, »
Make sure you have your profile set with the USB dongle selected.  Then copy the profile and all the .vix sequences to the Xlights directory along with the MP3. Then within exlights convert the .vix files to .xseq files.  then follow everything else you posted earlier.  If you are having more issue tonight look for me on Team speak and I can help from there.