Author Topic: Sequences from show cards?  (Read 1339 times)

Offline urthegman

Sequences from show cards?
« on: April 24, 2012, »
Ok, since I have now replaced all my Animated Lighting controllers with Expresses and was thinking of putting them all up for sale. I wanted to make sure they all worked for whoever buys them from me so I plugged them into the monster brain I have and for the last three and a half hours I have been listening to the show from 2007 and I was wondering. Has anyone attempted to take an LOR or Animated Lighting sequence off of a show card? I think I remember reading that the card or its contents could be damaged by putting it in a card reader. It doesn't sound likely to me, so has anyone tried it?

Offline Dennis Cherry

• Maryville, Tennessee
    • Video's of Computerized Lights
Re: Sequences from show cards?
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2012, »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Ok, since I have now replaced all my Animated Lighting controllers with Expresses and was thinking of putting them all up for sale. I wanted to make sure they all worked for whoever buys them from me so I plugged them into the monster brain I have and for the last three and a half hours I have been listening to the show from 2007 and I was wondering. Has anyone attempted to take an LOR or Animated Lighting sequence off of a show card? I think I remember reading that the card or its contents could be damaged by putting it in a card reader. It doesn't sound likely to me, so has anyone tried it?

The data on the show card is binary and you cannot use it, the audio card for the mp3's you can off load the audio files just fine.

If you have the original files I have converted them to LOR of vixen files before. Not 100% conversion but close enough that will save you hours or days of work.

2013 videos now available You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline Steve Gase

• WinterLightShow in Georgetown, TX
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2012, »

The data on the show card is binary and you cannot use it, the audio card for the mp3's you can off load the audio files just fine.

If you have the original files I have converted them to LOR of vixen files before. Not 100% conversion but close enough that will save you hours or days of work.
if it is an SD card, set the write-protect on the card before inserting it into the computer.  I'd hope every bit of SD-compatible electronics would respect the switch.
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login  |  110K channels, 50K lights  |  Nutcracker, Falcon, DLA, HolidayCoro

Offline combustionmark

« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2012, »
Don't count on it. At work there are several plc's, and robots that use sd cards for program storage. If you place one in a pc, write protected or not, The pc reports that the disk is "unformatted". The card becomes unusable by the plc, and has to be reformated by the plc.

There are utilities that can do binary transfers to and from the sd cards, but I suspect something is going on with the secure part of the sd, wiping out the card.

Good Luck
Have Fun!

Offline urthegman

« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2012, »
After sleeping on it, this morning I woke up with a fresh perspective and I the real issue is being able to let go of the old equipment. Taking the sequences from the show cards would have made letting go of the 12 Animated Lighting controllers a LOT easier. Since I have already re-sequenced 90% of the songs that are on the show cards myself, I'm thinking that setting up my Expresses and being able to run a successful show on them would go a LONG way in helping me let go of the AL controllers. So that is what I am going to do. Hopefully LightShow Pro will cooperate with me on this. It is either that or take a crash course in binary code? LOL  <fp.  Thanks, George
P.S. On a side note, I am SO stubborn that after all the work I put into programming and because LSP's scheduler was so quirky and wouldn't run my lights last year, that I went with a static display. So chances of me using the monster brain to run things are pretty slim anyway.

Offline Steve Gase

• WinterLightShow in Georgetown, TX
« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2012, »
I used xLights for my scheduler...  all my headaches disappeared.

With Conductor you will have yet another option to replace the LSP scheduler.
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login  |  110K channels, 50K lights  |  Nutcracker, Falcon, DLA, HolidayCoro