Hardware > Bobcat DMX Tester

New Feature Request

(1/5) > >>

TexasStingray:
Can you add the ability to send values for channels 1 & 2 so the it could be used to program controllers like the MR16?

dlhoppe:
I don't own an MR16, nor do I have any idea how it is programed. I think it somehow uses DMX, but not sure of the details. Since the DMX tester is not really meant to be a "programmer" and one (lynx address utility) already exists for that purpose, I would vote no on this request.

Dave

rm357:
Ultimately it is up to you as the bobcat's creator, but there is one key advantage over the lynx address utility... You have the bobcat tester with you rather than carrying the laptop and a dongle with you into the display or running back and forth between the laptop in the garage and the display... Been there done that. I had most of the hardware programmed before I started, but swapping out misbehaving units sometimes required re-programming on the spot.

I'm looking at building an test app for my iPad which will allow me to send e1.31 data, but since time is a premium and I've never written code for the iPad before, I've got a bit to learn first...

Most of the DMX lynx stuff uses the first two DMX channels with the other channels set to zero. 1 thru 255 are done on channel one with channel 2 = 0. Channels 256 thru 510 are done by setting channel #2 = start channel - 255. With channel 1 set to 255.

The DMX stream is sent continuously while you play with the power and program jumper on the device.

Of course, part of the question is Whether or not you wired the first digit to go further than 0, 1, & 2...

RM

PJNMCT:
 <pop..

n1ist:
Not an issue with the display hardware (it's a mulitplexed display, and the micro can show any pattern of the seven segments and decimal point)...
/mike

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version