Author Topic: success on LE builds  (Read 1855 times)

Offline lineman

• Coop Manager
success on LE builds
« on: July 17, 2011, »
Hello fellow DLAers

Thought I would share my story, I bought 10 LE's on the first 2011 coop and have completed them and all tested good, Lady blinky shining onn me  ;D . I did pull out the instructions each time and also the volt meter did not want to change the way I build them. Anyhoo as yall know this is my 2 year here and I have enjoyed every minute of it. Heres a few other Items I have completed this year, 8 North Poles, 10 Mini Tree's, 2 Spider Boxes, now all I have left is 10 wireless for LE's and 1 more Mega Tree. All this would not have been possible with out RJ's contibutions and instructions and all the GREAT people here at DLA , I am Proud to be a member of this wonderful site. THANKS TO ALL AND TO ALL GOD BLESS. YOU thought I was going to say and to all a good night LOL HO HO HO <fp.
Jeff

Offline trekster

• A Lynx Express Device........ Fascinating! ;
    • My 2010 Videos
Re: success on LE builds
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2011, »
Congratulations on the big 10!  This will be year 2 for me also.  It is a bunch of fun.

Ron
My 2010 Videos
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline tng5737

« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2011, »
Congratulations!  Although, I must ask - What is a Spider-box?

Offline coachers

• Coachers
« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2011, »
Congratulations!!!!!

I also keep my spiders in a box.... Where else would you keep them?

May you have Good Health...
Great Wealth.....
And your stein never be empty.

Offline jeffcoast

« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2011, »
I just built my 2 LEs I bought. Only issue I had was bending the pins on one of the 14 pin sockets and not noticing until I had soldered 4 of the pins. Then ended up breaking it in half trying to get it back out to fix the pins. Made a quick trip to Radio Shack to pick up another one and finished that.

Then today I built one of my smart string hubs. Put in the 8 pin headers, then one wasn't in just right and once I got the header out, couldn't get all the solder out of the hole to get it back in. So in the process I ended up have the pad lift up on the top of the board. So that hub can't use Universe 4. At least it wasn't something critical. I can live with that. I had been careful with it, and only soldered one pin to check it after learning to slow down with the other stuff.
Jeff Cook
Orlando, FL

Offline Rainlover

• Coop Admin
« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2011, »
Hello fellow DLAers

Thought I would share my story, I bought 10 LE's on the first 2011 coop and have completed them and all tested good, Lady blinky shining onn me  ;D . I did pull out the instructions each time and also the volt meter did not want to change the way I build them. Anyhoo as yall know this is my 2 year here and I have enjoyed every minute of it. Heres a few other Items I have completed this year, 8 North Poles, 10 Mini Tree's, 2 Spider Boxes, now all I have left is 10 wireless for LE's and 1 more Mega Tree. All this would not have been possible with out RJ's contibutions and instructions and all the GREAT people here at DLA , I am Proud to be a member of this wonderful site. THANKS TO ALL AND TO ALL GOD BLESS. YOU thought I was going to say and to all a good night LOL HO HO HO <fp.
Jeff,
You are an inspiration to all of us that are in our 2nd year of DLA. Your projects are always top notch and well done. Thanks for sharing.

John
Life isn't about how to survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain!

Offline caretaker

« Reply #6 on: July 18, 2011, »
Congratulations on your accomplishments and thanks for sharing!
Jeff Squires

Offline RJ

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: July 18, 2011, »
Awesome! these are the post I like to get to read!  ;D

RJ
Innovation beats imitation - and it's more satisfying