Author Topic: Out door music  (Read 801 times)

Offline UncleBuck

Out door music
« on: November 06, 2012, »
I have my FM transmiter for the drive by visitors but what does everyone use to transmit the music for the walk up visitors?  :-\

Offline tbone321

Re: Out door music
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2012, »
You can always use an old radio that you don't care to much about.
If at first you don't succeed,
your not cut out for sky diving

Offline kgustafson

• Coop Manager
    • Lost Weekend Productions
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2012, »
Outdoor speakers hidden in the display not turned up too loud to disturb the neighbors.

------
Visit at: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline UncleBuck

« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2012, »
If you use outdoor speakers do you need to run them off a tuner of some sort or is there a way to have them plugged into my show computer? I spoke with a guy at Best Buy and he said I couldn't run them from my computer. Is that correct?

Offline Mike Hill

• Here to learn
Out door music
« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2012, »
I run mine off my computer with an amp I bought from the R Shack.  I use some rock speakers that I bought from mono too
Mike Hill
First display date 11-2011
"Never explain your actions, your enemies don't believe it and your friends don't need it."

Offline thestig

« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2012, »
I actually have an old surround sound unit that I use. I just tune the surround sounds radio to the station of my fm transmitter and then use some waterproof speakers in the yard. I usually keep the sound quiet so that you have to be on the sidewalk in front of the house to hear it. However, on Halloween night I cranked it up and it was so much better. I had about 20 kids dancing in my driveway to the singing faces every time I went outside to fill the candy bowl.

Grant
« Last Edit: November 06, 2012, by thestig »

Offline jnealand

• Patron Member
« Reply #6 on: November 07, 2012, »
I found an old stereo receiver in a garage sale $15.  Kind of big and generates a fair amount of heat but it works.  I have outdoor speakers mounted under my eaves and run two speaker wires out of the house.  My show computer, FM transmitter, antenna, stereo receiver and dongle are in the house.  I run 3 wires - 1 cat 5 and 2 spkr wires thru the top of a window opening and stuff an old towel in the opening to keep the wind and cold out.
Jim Nealand
Kennesaw, GA

Offline tbone321

« Reply #7 on: November 07, 2012, »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
If you use outdoor speakers do you need to run them off a tuner of some sort or is there a way to have them plugged into my show computer? I spoke with a guy at Best Buy and he said I couldn't run them from my computer. Is that correct?

You would to either use amplified speakers or connect the standard speakers to a stereo amp.  That is why I suggested using an old radio that you are not all that worried about.  That way, you can place it whereever you want, set the volume to something that works, and just tune it to your show and the only wires that you need to worry about is a power connection.
If at first you don't succeed,
your not cut out for sky diving

Offline Rainlover

• Coop Admin
« Reply #8 on: November 07, 2012, »
I bought an old boom box and 2 outdoor speakers at Goodwill. I just tune it to my fm station. The boom box sits on the front porch under a wicker chair and the speakers under some rhododendron bushes. Been working great for 3 years.

John
Life isn't about how to survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain!