Author Topic: Setting up Xlights  (Read 894 times)

Offline caretaker

Setting up Xlights
« on: December 05, 2011, »
I am sure I just missed it some where but I need some help getting Xlights running my show. I used LSP 2.0.xxxx.1735 to put together my sequences and of course LSP's scheduler isn't working for me. So I exported all of my LSP sequences as LOR2 and put them in a directory along with the associated music files. I set up the output for Lynx DMX dongle set to COM 6 (115200, 8,n,1), the ending is set to 112 and that is ok. I am using D-Light ACx8 controllers that have been changed to DMX. I have 12 of the ACx8's numbered 1 through 96 plus one Lynx Express (97-112). If I use the hardware tester I have control of all the channels. When I set up the scheduler an run a show I am not getting all my controllers working. It seems like it plays through one controller then skips 2 controllers then plays another controller.  I am sure I need to do something but I am not sure what at this point. I attached one of my sequences if that helps.
Jeff Squires
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline dowdybrown

• Gleannloch Christmas
Re: Setting up Xlights
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2011, »
I will take a look at the file you posted later today.

Matt
« Last Edit: December 05, 2011, by dowdybrown »
Matt Brown

Offline frankr

• Rocklin Lights
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2011, »
Hi Caretaker,

In your sequence posted you have your circuit number constantly increasing as well as your unit number.  Since xLights is calculating channel number based on:
chindex=(unit-1)*16+circuit-1

you end up with an entry like this:
<channel name="Mega Tree Clr 9" color="16777215" centiseconds="113379" deviceType="LOR" unit="2" circuit="9" savedIndex="8">

mapping to channel 24 when you really want it to map to channel 8.

For a more concrete example:
<channel name="Mega Tree Greenl 9" color="2263842" centiseconds="113379" deviceType="LOR" unit="5" circuit="33" savedIndex="32">

maps to channel 96...
or:
<channel name="unused 4" color="11920639" centiseconds="113379" deviceType="LOR" unit="12" circuit="95" savedIndex="94">
maps to 270...

It looks like your lynx express units are mapped ok though:
<channel name="Bush Purple" color="12583104" centiseconds="113379" deviceType="LOR" unit="1" circuit="99" savedIndex="98">

The quick fix is to replace all your unit values with 1.  Then xLights will map things correctly for you.

Good luck and hope that helps.

Frank

Offline caretaker

« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2011, »
Frank thank you so much that was it!  I now have my show running as I type.  I still have a few songs that seem to be missing channels (which I am sure is due to LSP's export) but I think I can fix that now that I see how the XML files are laid out.

Thanks again!   <res.
Jeff Squires