Software > Vixen+

Vixen+

<< < (2/5) > >>

macebobo:
You are not allowed to view links. Register or LoginYou are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
PS - How would I go about getting a sub-forum for Vixen+?

--- End quote ---

That would be up to RJ but I would think it better if this area were subdivided into thee subsections such as Vixen 2.X, Vixen+, and Vixen3.X because even though they all have the same basic name, they really are very different products in what they can do and how they do it.

--- End quote ---

Thanks tbone.  I agree, they should each have their own little spot in DIYLA.

harleyhaynes:
Anyone going to use this for an actual show?  I have to sequence my whole light show from scratch.  I have around 3k pixels and about 100 channels of strings. If this is stable enough to use I will go for it this year based on recommendations.  Not sure what I think about V3 but this looks very good.  I know it is beta so there may be some hiccups.  I am just desperate to find some software that does not take Milky Way-2 to run once the timing marks and channel counts get up there.

macebobo:
Harleyhaynes,

It will be great for sequencing as I have tested the speed up to 16k channels with very little delay and good load times.  However, it Vixen+ stands right now, there is not a scheduler, so for show playback, people are using either xLights, Falcon Pi player or Vixen 2.1 since the sequences are backwards compatible.

Hope this helps.

-- John

harleyhaynes:
Very cool.  I will give it a go.  Using xlights is fine.  Thanks for the info.

fslopez1950:
Hi. Installed your new Vixen+ and tried it. I like the UI, just like the UI of Vixen 2.1.

I'd like to ask if you can open vix 2.1 files and edit it in Vixen+. I have  tried it but to no avail.Vixen+ always crashes.

Thanks for considering if this will be possible.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version