Author Topic: installing lights on roof line  (Read 612 times)

Offline lineman

• Coop Manager
installing lights on roof line
« on: January 08, 2013, »
I am attempting to make installing lights on my roof line a little easier. normally I run 3 different colors which mean I go around 3 times here is what I was thinking and thought hey mabey yall have seen this or have a beter idea. I am going to put the C9's on the pipe and then have a cup hook at each end with one of those broom clips in the middle. I am going to take a 10 ft piece of pvc and cut it in half for storage but when I put it on the roof I will join the 2 pieces back together using a couplin here some ruff pic of my idea. The lights are all green but in reality it will go GRB-GRB and so on.I am thinking this will let me go 1 time around the roof and also be easier for installing and tear down.
Jeff

Offline cavu2u

Re: installing lights on roof line
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2013, »
I did something similar using 1 x 3 boards. (I was using C7s. C9s may require a 1 x 4)

I attached 4 strings(RGBW) to 8 foot sections and put plug-ends on each end. Cup hooks are used to hang them from the gutters and there are cup hooks on the back side to hold extension cord for additional channels of lights further down the gutterline.