Author Topic: Etherdongle [Sold]  (Read 1024 times)

Offline Mickpat

• Beta Tester
Etherdongle [Sold]
« on: September 08, 2012, »
I built a second Etherdongle controller and its doesn't work.  Unfortunatly, I do not have time this year to troubleshoot and attempt to fix it.  The magicjack green light powers on, but nothing else.  The pic flashes fine.

I make a mistake while building the board by installing the 7805 backwards.  When removing the 7805 I lifted some of the traces from the board.  I created a bridge to fix the trace using a piece of wire, but the board still doesn't work.  I am pretty sure I have 3.3v and 5.0v where needs so I don't think the 7805 is the issue.  I believe the issue maybe with the SM Ethernet chip.

If someone else has time to troubleshoot the board, I would be willing with ship the board for the cost of shipping.  All I would ask is if you are able to repair the board, send me what you think the board is worth.

« Last Edit: September 08, 2012, by Mickpat »

Offline MSL

• So many lights, so little time!
    • 26streetlights
Re: Etherdongle
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2012, »
pm sent
Holiday Lights in Plantation, Florida

Over 20,000 LED and RGB lights. We currently are running 3020 channels (320 Lynx Express / 2700 RGB Zeus and Smart String channels / 3 Aethers II).

Our show can be seen on You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline Mickpat

• Beta Tester
Re: Etherdongle [Sold]
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2012, »
Okay, I will mail this out next week. 

BTW, my parents live next to American Heritage.  Thats where I went to school.  I am planning to be down there next year and plan to see your show.  My brothers says its amazing.

Offline MSL

• So many lights, so little time!
    • 26streetlights
« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2012, »
Come on down!

When you are hear ask for me. Of the three houses in the show mine is the small one on the West end.

Mark
Holiday Lights in Plantation, Florida

Over 20,000 LED and RGB lights. We currently are running 3020 channels (320 Lynx Express / 2700 RGB Zeus and Smart String channels / 3 Aethers II).

Our show can be seen on You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline Mickpat

• Beta Tester
« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2012, »
Hello Mark,

The Etherdongle shipped out today priority mail.  It should be there Thursday.  I included the case too.  I hope you are able to fix it and put it too good use.

Michael