Author Topic: In case people aren't tired of videos yet - my entire show video  (Read 3000 times)

Offline Maniac

Haven't gotten the show broken up into individual bits yet, but wanted to get this posted before everyone was REALLY sick of seeing them
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login for about 13 1/2 minutes of life that you'll never get back.

Cold Miser
Carol of the Bells - 1:35 in
Blue Christmas - 4:09
Techno Jingle Bells - 6:19
I am Santa Claus - 7:55
Christmas, Baby Please Come Home 11:19

I think I'm most proud of "I am Santa Claus", but I think that's the least liked, judging from the number of drive-offs during that song.

« Last Edit: January 04, 2010, by Maniac »

Offline RJ

• Administrator
Never sick of seening them! These are my only shows this year since I did not get a chance to do one.

RJ
Innovation beats imitation - and it's more satisfying

Offline meman

Great job! I love the "I am Santa Claus" tune

Offline slvreagl

*impressed
I liked Iron Santa

Offline mo001

I think you did a wonderful job.  Nice mix, and original.
I'm ready to build

Offline lortiz

Really loved your show! You should be proud.  ;)

Just curiosity, how long did it take to sequence I am Santa Claus song?

Congrats.
Barbara Sher - "Doing is a quantum leap from imagining."

Offline rrowan

• Administrator
Great job on your show.

What time of the day did you record? Seems like a very good balance of light and darkness.

Now we all need to figure out how to edit out the passing vehicles. LOL

Cheers

Rick R.
Light Animation Hobby - Having fun and Learning at the same time. (21st member of DLA)
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Warning SOME assembly required

Offline Made2Rock

I truely loved loved the show. You may have had drive offs during I am Santa but I'm sure Ozzy would have loved it.  ;D

I've added this link to my favorites so keep it up there
Born to Rock, but to old to Roll

Offline aERonAUtical96

Great show... good job on the sequencing.  Why does snow always add to the effect?  Next year can you northern folk ship me some :)

Are those normal spots or MR16s?

Offline Maniac

The house floodlights are the Action Lighting LED floodlights. They are kinda expensive, but they've done 3 seasons so far without a problem. I cover them with plastic bags to keep the snow out of the sockets though. The only problem with them is I have to dig them out of the snow all the time.

The show was recorded about 1/2 hour after sunset. We tried recording at different times and that seemed to work the best for us.

I don't know exactly how long it took to sequence the I am Santa Claus song, but it was long enough that I was really tired of it when I was done!

Thanks for the comments and questions!

Offline satskier

Excellent show. As others have said. Awesome sequencing.  Like the flood effects.  ::)

Offline Ron

• Patron Member
Great show and sequencing, I really enjoyed it.

Question on what you used to make your videos.  Can you share what camera/recorder you used?  Any tips on settings.  The video quality is great.

Ron

Offline Ron

• Patron Member
I have to add that your lights look great against the snow.  We don't get that look in Texas too often.  The reflection of the colors off of the show just makes everything look awesome.

What type of lights?  Are you using LEDs?

Ron

Offline tbone321

That was well done.  I hope that I do so well next year.  If you had driveoffs during I am Santa Claus it was due to the song, not the impressive job you did sequencing to it. 
If at first you don't succeed,
your not cut out for sky diving

Offline WWNF911

• Patron Member
1st off I can tell you put a lot of time and care into your show and thought it was great. As far as the drive offs,.. I only hope to graduate to that level. In order to have a drive off you have to have an audience.  LOL

Seriously, I think it may have to do with the non Christmas tune made to be a Christmas tune. Last year although it was a Christmas tune I thought my favorite was the 12 days of Christmas. I got a lot of drive offs on that one. I loved it but I'm a guitar buff and did I mention the artist was Gary Hoey. As much as I enjoyed it nobody else got it.

I feel your pain.  :D

Leon
Leon