Author Topic: INstalling vixen  (Read 1273 times)

Offline lineman

• Coop Manager
INstalling vixen
« on: January 13, 2010, »
Hello

i tried to install vixen

1) Downloaded Microsoft.net framework 3.5sp1           

2) downloaded microsoft .net family update Xpx86

OK i downloaded a buch of stuff end result Error vixen about to die

Is there any way to restore to normal (how)  if not does anyone have a HAMMER             

I tried to follow instruction the best that i understand them in wiki

it ask questions that made me HuH I dont know I,m a idiot

not even sure if this is were i am to ask these type of Question                                       Thanks           

Jeff

Offline rrowan

• Administrator
Re: INstalling vixen
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2010, »
Hi Jeff,

After you downloaded .net did you run the install program?
Try another copy of Vixen
Which version of Vixen did you get?

btw: I don't think you are an idiot. I think you are brave. There is a learning curve to do this stuff and even more if you don't know much about computers.

Cheers

Rick R.
Light Animation Hobby - Having fun and Learning at the same time. (21st member of DLA)
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Warning SOME assembly required

Offline lineman

• Coop Manager
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2010, »
NOT sure if i installed think i did. REstored comp. tryed to reinstall .net wouldnt let me said do to preveios install of somethig i,m guesing the first . net And as for vixen it was 2.0 i,m going to go into remove / change and uninstall all .net exept for .net1 oringina

Oklly all ready on comp .      Thanks for boost                                                                                                                                                                        Ok  Unistalled & reinstalled I know have vixen 2.0 in my documents when i click it opens a bunch of files now what do i do next any  suggestions please a a,b,c , step 1,2,3 remember new at this
« Last Edit: January 14, 2010, by lineman »
Jeff

Offline lineman

• Coop Manager
« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2010, »
    Hey Guys

Just to let you know vixen is done had help from wiki DIYC someone called dmcole
he gave me a link to vixen2.1 and it installed everything with one move don,t know how but was real easy for this Comp. idiot would of brought link if i neww how

But thanks you guys are so Nice to us newbies and that is what makes this DLA site  soooo great       

Thanks ;D  ;D  ;D

Jeff

Offline rrowan

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2010, »
Hi Jeff,

Glad to hear you got Vixen working.

Really sorry I missed the fact you said 2.0 (I'll blame my bad eyes :D)

dmacole is on both sites and very helpful

DLA wiki does have a link to all versions of Vixen

Cheers

Rick R.
Light Animation Hobby - Having fun and Learning at the same time. (21st member of DLA)
Warning SOME assembly required

Offline dmaccole

• PacificaLights.info
« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2010, »
dmacole is on both sites and very helpful

Just want to clear up that the link I provided Lineman was to Aubro99's Vixen installer ... so all I did was provide a link. Aubro99 did the hard work of building the installer.

\dmc