Author Topic: Smart String Wiki Page  (Read 8146 times)

Offline rrowan

• Administrator
Re: Smart String Wiki Page
« Reply #30 on: June 16, 2011, »
Hi Folks,

Been working on updating the wiki but I need help from the members who have the pickit3

I have a checksum for the hub of 8196, I seen that number a few times so I am guessing that is correct.
I need checksums for the SSC and Pixelnet dongle.

So the goal is to have the checksums for both the pickit2 and pickit3. Currently I don't have a pickit3 so I need your help

Cheers

Rick R.
Light Animation Hobby - Having fun and Learning at the same time. (21st member of DLA)
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Warning SOME assembly required

Offline foxathome

• 57 channels and nothings on
« Reply #31 on: June 17, 2011, »
Hi Folks,

Been working on updating the wiki but I need help from the members who have the pickit3

I have a checksum for the hub of 8196, I seen that number a few times so I am guessing that is correct.
I need checksums for the SSC and Pixelnet dongle.

So the goal is to have the checksums for both the pickit2 and pickit3. Currently I don't have a pickit3 so I need your help

Cheers

Rick R.

Pickit 3 - Smart string controller 6-15-2011.hex checksum = A598
57 (1057 now) Channels and Nothings On!
So I'll blink lights instead

Offline keitha43

« Reply #32 on: June 17, 2011, »
A598 is what I got for the ssc. 613B is what I get for the pixelnet dongle. Odd that the pickit 2 and 3 read the same on the dongle but not the ssc and hub which is why I thought something had gone wrong.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2011, by keitha43 »

Offline taybrynn

• RockinChristmas
« Reply #33 on: June 17, 2011, »
The checksum seems to vary depending on which version of PICit, plus which PIC chip you have indicated that you are using.

I tried Programmer -> Manual Device Select  ... and then picked PIC24FJ32GA002  (from SS hub mouser BOM, but is  the same PIC as what is used in SSC BOM also) ... then import a hex file and see what the checksum shows.

The manual device select (mode) seems to allow me to verify the hex file  checksums without having to have an actual PIC chip in the programmer.

The latest 6-15-2011 SSC firmware for pickit2 showed A520.

The SS Hub firmware for pickit2 showed 811E
Scott - Castle Rock, Colorado   [ 2 homes, 100% RGB in 2016; since 2008; over 32k channels of E1.31 ]

Offline rrowan

• Administrator
« Reply #34 on: June 17, 2011, »
The checksum seems to vary depending on which version of PICit, plus which PIC chip you have indicated that you are using.

I tried Programmer -> Manual Device Select  ... and then picked PIC24FJ32GA002  (from SS hub mouser BOM, but is  the same PIC as what is used in SSC BOM also) ... then import a hex file and see what the checksum shows.

The manual device select (mode) seems to allow me to verify the hex file  checksums without having to have an actual PIC chip in the programmer.

The latest 6-15-2011 SSC firmware for pickit2 showed A520.

The SS Hub firmware for pickit2 showed 811E

The reason why you are seeing the correct checksum when you manually select the pic is because the software needs to know what pic its calculating the firmware for. If you were to select a different pic it will give you a different checksum with the same firmware.

I have added to all of the Checksums a spot for pickit2 and pickit 3. Now I don't have a lot of checksum for the pickit3 since I don't own one yet.

Cheers

Rick R.
Light Animation Hobby - Having fun and Learning at the same time. (21st member of DLA)

Offline JoeFromOzarks

• Patron Member
« Reply #35 on: June 17, 2011, »
Here are the Checksums for most of the DLA devices using the PicKit3 Utility, a PicKit3 and the J1Sys ICSP/ZIF's version 1.1

(I'll add the MR16 and the SSR4/DMX Checksums when I can fetch them from the garage.)

:) joe
"If it was easy, everybody would be doin' it!!!"        :)

Offline rrowan

• Administrator
« Reply #36 on: June 17, 2011, »
Thanks Joe

I updated the wiki

Cheers

Rick R.

Offline JoeFromOzarks

• Patron Member
« Reply #37 on: June 18, 2011, »
You're welcome, glad to help!

But I cannot find my PicKit1 or PicKit2 programmers.  I'm guessing senility has set in.  I found my old lpt port eprom burner {and eraser} though!!  (The things I've kept over the years... jeesh!)  Until I find the PicKit2, I'm unable to fetch those CheckSums.

If anybody needs help burning the PIC's, please yell!

:) joe

Thanks Joe

I updated the wiki

Cheers

Rick R.
"If it was easy, everybody would be doin' it!!!"        :)

Offline jess_her

« Reply #38 on: June 19, 2011, »
Hello Rick and all
Just programed my smart string hub pic with a pickit 3 j1sys 1.2 ver zif board.       checksum 8196
smart string controller pic, pickit 3  j1sys ver 1.2 zif board.                                   checksum A598
Jess
« Last Edit: June 19, 2011, by jess_her »
Only limitations in life is your imagination

Offline rrowan

• Administrator
« Reply #39 on: June 19, 2011, »
Hello Rick and all
Just programed my smart string hub pic with a pickit 3 j1sys 1.2 ver zif board.       checksum 8196
Jess

Thanks Jess

Cheers

Rick R.