Author Topic: gotta love it!  (Read 732 times)

Offline duane.mosley

• hearthstonelights.com
gotta love it!
« on: December 07, 2014, »
don't ya just love it when you get everything up and running, and your only fm transmitter goes on the fritz!!! they added a new local station so I have been messing with the frequency to find a good channel, and the darn thing just stopped working. 2 years on the mobile black box and it worked great on the frequency I "was" using. don't have time now to wait for an edm. hopefully I can get something shipped quick. time to run them outside speakers I've been thinking about. any ideas on what to buy on the fly that will ship from the US and be quick?
Florence, KY

facebook.com/hearthstonelights

Offline WWNF911

• Patron Member
Re: gotta love it!
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2014, »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

This one has great reviews and you can have it one day shipped. If it doesn't come with a supply, I got one like this one from China and found a supply at Radio shack.

Looks like it comes with everything including the audio cable.

Could n't find a manual for this one but here's one for a similar unit and works with mine.
« Last Edit: December 07, 2014, by WWNF911 »
Leon

Offline jnealand

• Patron Member
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2014, »
I have used a Ramsey FM25 since I started in this hobby back in 2007.  It comes as a kit from the manufacturer, but you can buy them from folks who build on ebay or you might be able to find a used one for sale there.
Jim Nealand
Kennesaw, GA

Offline dmaccole

• PacificaLights.info
« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2014, »
This one has great reviews and you can have it one day shipped.

From the specs on that page:

The product crust is made of high-quality aluminum ...

Clearly, translated directly from the Chinese without human intervention.

Transmitting power can switch between 1W and 7W.

A 1-watt transmitter is going to be 33 times more powerful than what is legal in the United States ...

A 3-milliwatt transmitter is more like what you need.

I happen to have a 1-watt transmitter and I did two things to make it legal:

*I purchased a 50db antenna attenuator; connectors on my transmitter are BNC -- like the item shown -- so I know they're available. $10-$20 on eBay.

*I put my antenna in a bad location. I happen to have a basement and the top of the dipole touches the base ceiling, w hich is about three feet above grade (the bottom of the antenna is about two feet below grade).

I hope that you can get back on the air fast, but please don't break the law to do it.

\dmc

PS: As always, I am not a lawyer and don't even play one on TV or the Web. Do not construe these statements as legal advice.

Offline duane.mosley

• hearthstonelights.com
« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2014, »
Short range, low power, is what I need. I am on a flight path for northern ky greater cincinnati international airport. They're probably coming in around 1000' above my house, maybe 800'
Definitely don't want to interfere with them big boys!
Florence, KY

Offline duane.mosley

• hearthstonelights.com
« Reply #5 on: December 07, 2014, »
I have used a Ramsey FM25 since I started in this hobby back in 2007.  It comes as a kit from the manufacturer, but you can buy them from folks who build on ebay or you might be able to find a used one for sale there.

I am looking at the fm25b on amazon, how do you know what station your on? I don't see a display showing the numbers? 120 on amazon +shipping
Florence, KY

Offline jnealand

• Patron Member
« Reply #6 on: December 08, 2014, »
You set it inside the unit.  No display on the outside.
Jim Nealand
Kennesaw, GA