Author Topic: Lynx Manual question  (Read 1158 times)

Offline sydkahn

• BLOG - What I did was ...
Lynx Manual question
« on: November 15, 2009, »
in the manual it says to test without chips - did that - two lit leds
Installed all the chips - double checked that all the legs were in the sockets and not bent under - plugged it in again - two lit leds - manual says that it should just sit there and do nothing - i was happy - did nothing and no magic smoke.

Reading along in the manual it says on page 16/27 of my printout ""... fire up the express and wait for the start up message to complete..."

the numeric displays are blank - when i pressed the first time on the mode button it blinked #16 led. after that - nada - it has no effect that i can discern.

* do you have to have the dongle connected to see the display (mines not built yet)

i am stopping the build for now just in case i have fried the MCU or something....  I have a v3 kit bye the way...

Offline sydkahn

• BLOG - What I did was ...
Re: Lynx Manual question
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2009, »
never-mind - brightened up all the solder connections - and seems that was one i missed  :o- now it has a little scrolling display - sorry to bother....

Offline memphislights

« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2009, »
The LED display should not react the same whether there is a dongle connected or not.
The #16 LED should blink with the 1s decimal point .

Make sure that the PIC is completely seated.
Make sure that the LED driver is completely seated.
Make sure that the 7 segment LEDs are completely seated.
Double check your solder joints again. <-- this is most likely your problem

If that does not work, post pictures of the front and back of the board to help us diagnose the problem.

update:  oops, too slow.
It's not about more, it's about enough.

Offline RJ

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2009, »
No problem that is what the forum is for. I am glad you found the problem and it was nothing but the missed solder joint. Thats an easy one to fix.

RJ
Innovation beats imitation - and it's more satisfying