Author Topic: WTB 5 MR16 PCB's or kits  (Read 1046 times)

Offline koropuxa

WTB 5 MR16 PCB's or kits
« on: June 07, 2013, »
Hello every one! I'm looking to buy 5 MR16 PCB's, kits, or may be assembled controllers. If someone have at least one for sale I would take it. If they were available in the store, I would just order them, but they are out of stock. Please let me know if you have some for sale. I'm trying to build a custom light wall that i want to light up with RGB strips and defuse the light. Thanks.

Offline onesmoothhead

• Listen to the Lights New Mexico
WTB 5 MR16 PCB's or kits
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2013, »
I have a kit, but it is not assembled.  PM me if interested.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Offline zwiller

Re: WTB 5 MR16 PCB's or kits
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2013, »
Have you looked at Ray's 27 channel dmx controller?  Wanted to give another option since I am not sure if there will be a coop for the MR16...
Sam, who is happy he flashed his etherdongle with newest firmware!

"Now, I had heard that word at least ten times a day from my old man. He worked in profanity the way other artists might work in oils or clay. It was his true medium; a master."

Offline koropuxa

« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2013, »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Have you looked at Ray's 27 channel dmx controller?  Wanted to give another option since I am not sure if there will be a coop for the MR16...

Thanks for idea, I didn't know they existed. I have couple questions: Do they use positive or negative common connector? Are they powerful enough to run 5050 RGB strips from Ebay? It says  total of 15A Max. I wanted to run each channel for each color on separate RGB strips (150 LED each string). I think each color needs either 1 or 2 Amp. So either way it may not have enough amperage to run all the channels. Do you have any idea what kind of mosfets do they use for the output? I know MR16 uses 15A mosfets.
Thanks a lot for your help!

Offline zwiller

« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2013, »
Ray's controller is also common anode.  If you search here there is a post for a mod for additional amps but never did it myself.  You can also get the same controller from Holiday Coro.  Lots of good specs.  You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login  Can't speak to the mosfet specs but no argument the MR16 is higher capacity though. 

"Now, I had heard that word at least ten times a day from my old man. He worked in profanity the way other artists might work in oils or clay. It was his true medium; a master."

Offline RJ

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2013, »
And here I was thinking we were a DIY community.

RJ
Innovation beats imitation - and it's more satisfying

Offline zwiller

« Reply #6 on: June 10, 2013, »
Sorry RJ. Thought i was being helpful.  Any comments about a MR16 coop or when boards might appear in the store?  Thanks.

Offline RJ

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: June 10, 2013, »
Once we have a coop manager to run one we will get one going. Its hard to buy the pcbs to put in the store without a coop cause at low numbers pcbs are expensive.

RJ
Innovation beats imitation - and it's more satisfying