Author Topic: Alternating light color effect  (Read 846 times)

Offline mitch09

Alternating light color effect
« on: December 08, 2013, »
I have been using trial and error but cannot find a way to make every other light alternate colors(say red/green/red/green) etc. is there an effect that does this?

Offline jnealand

• Patron Member
Re: Alternating light color effect
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2013, »
Try spirals with red and green only , reduce the thickness way down and push the reps up all the way, push rotations way up and speed down.  You have to play with it.  Bars also might do the trick.  Here is snip that uses short bars on one of my gutters.
« Last Edit: December 08, 2013, by jnealand »
Jim Nealand
Kennesaw, GA

Offline mitch09

« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2013, »
Thanks for the idea. But it still doesn't give the effect I am looking for. I guess I'll just do it via LSP.

Offline travailen

« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2013, »
I can get it to do every two lights.  Make a vertical matrix model that is one string with the RGB nodes per string as the nodes you need.
In effect 1 set the effect to bars set the palette rep bar all the way to the right. set the 6 color selections to red, green, red, green, red, green. When I do that I get a two light red/green chase and the speed is adjustable with the speed bar.
If you click the highlight box and fiddle with the speed it makes an interesting chase sequence.

Rick S