Author Topic: some strings of led lights connected to a single channel doesn't light up  (Read 4087 times)

Offline salongaopm

I have one LE that is having a problem. There are times that one or couple of strings that is/are connected to a single channel doesn't light up. This happens randomly to all channels. When I put the LE to test mode...it did okay.. Any input will be geatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Offline RJ

• Administrator
Does the channel led light up when you think they should be on? If not the express does not think it should have them on so it can be communications issues or miss config on channels / seqencing. If it does then we have a hardware issue on the opto/triac.

RJ
Innovation beats imitation - and it's more satisfying

Offline salongaopm

I am at work right now, but I think the channel led light up...I will have to check it again tomorrow.

Offline jnealand

• Patron Member
I have a V4 LE with one channel that does not go off.  The LED on the express board is not lit, but the single incan string connected to that channel just stays on.  I intend to swap to a V5 LE that is sitting in the house, but not until after things dry out after two days of rain.  This string is on one of my mini trees and although noticeable, is not a major issue in my non show.  I'm just doing color change cycles at the moment and letting them run for a couple of hours while I try to update last years sequences to include some Smart strings.  Sounds like I should try an octo swap also.
Jim Nealand
Kennesaw, GA

Offline salongaopm

After closer observation, I noticed that the channel led doesn't light up when they should. That is the time that the some strings of lights connected to that particular channel does not light up. I already tried repositioning the LE, unplug and replug the wireless receiver, still no change. If it is a misconfig on channels/sequencing, how can I fix it?

Thanks!

Offline thestig

Does the LED light up when putting the LE in test mode? if it does then it is definitely a data/sequencing error.

Offline salongaopm

the led channels lights up In test mode.  So, how do I fix the  data/sequencing error?

Offline salongaopm

I was able to identified another LE with the same problem. I did my sequencing using a different computer than my show computer with vixen files copied to an external/usb drive. Could that have caused the problems? Any help will be greatly appreciated.

thanks!

Offline salongaopm

Offline salongaopm

Offline salongaopm

I changed the LE unit...still the same problem. I turned off my wifi...same problem. I created another sequence by copying from the sequence that I am currently using...still the same problem. Does anyone have an idea on how to fix this problem? Did I post in the wrong thread that's why I am not getting any answer? If so, Mod, please move these in the right thread.

Again, anyone...please help! :'( :'(

Offline caretaker

Some things to check:  Look under your profile in Vixen and make sure that the controller your are having issues with is set up properly IE: right starting channel and number of channels.  If that is correct try creating a test sequence using just the channels of that controller lighting each channel one at a time and see what happens. If neither of those works then repost here with more info IE: what version of Vixen etc. and I am sure someone will be able to help you more.
Jeff Squires
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline salongaopm

I will try that and report back later.

thanks!

Offline jnealand

• Patron Member
I never turn off my computer until after New Years Day and I am starting to tear down the show.  Of course we don't turn any of the computers in the house off unless we are going out of town and even then I still leave one on for remote access.
Jim Nealand
Kennesaw, GA

Offline salongaopm

I checked all the LE units and they are all set up with the right starting channel number. I created a test sequence and lighted up each channel for 5 seconds and they all lighted up when they should. Does it mean that all the sequences that I am using now are bad? Do I need to redo all of them? I recopied one sequence using the Copy sequence event data under Tools and it showed the same problems. Do I need to create a sequence from the scratch? I will try to do cut and paste...hopefully it will work ok. I will report back the result later.

I am using vixen 2.1.1. I have the LE v5 newly built from the first and third coop this year.