Author Topic: some strings of led lights connected to a single channel doesn't light up  (Read 4086 times)

Offline salongaopm

I copied one sequence using the cut and paste method...it is showing the same symptoms. Some string connected to a channel still does not light up when they should.

Offline salongaopm

It looks like at least 3 and possibly four LE's are affected. These are the newly built v5 LE's. I will check in the morning to make sure that I soldered the right parts to the right place.
« Last Edit: December 02, 2011, by salongaopm »

Offline rm357

The wireless is limited to 50ms timings. If you have faster intervals, it can be erratic.

Rm
Robert
Warner Robins, Georgia, USA

Offline salongaopm

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
The wireless is limited to 50ms timings. If you have faster intervals, it can be erratic.

Rm

it is at 50ms right now.

Offline dlhoppe

Did you get in on the DMX Tester coop? This kind of problem is one of the reasons that device was created. It would be a very useful tool to help you debug and find out where the problem is (LE, communications, computer/vixen, etc). If you didn't get in on this coop, make sure you get in on the next one.

If I had a second one built, I'd loan it to you. I do have a few extra PCBs if you want to build one (if you weren't in on the coop).

Dave

Offline salongaopm

I'll look into that...it seems very useful. I will send you a pm when I decide to build one.

Offline lineman

• Coop Manager
I have found that if you copy and paste from 1 seq. to another that has diffeerent MS things seem to go whacky make sure your MS are the same in both Seq. example 50 ms originals seq. copy to 50 ms seq.
I had some originals at 10 ms and when I made the new seq. I put in 50 ms and things were whacky, what I did was change the original to 50 ms and then copy and paste it over to the new seq. Hope this helps
Jeff

Offline salongaopm

I have found that if you copy and paste from 1 seq. to another that has diffeerent MS things seem to go whacky make sure your MS are the same in both Seq. example 50 ms originals seq. copy to 50 ms seq.
I had some originals at 10 ms and when I made the new seq. I put in 50 ms and things were whacky, what I did was change the original to 50 ms and then copy and paste it over to the new seq. Hope this helps

yes.. I did made sure of that, but, still the same result

Offline salongaopm

I did some testing the other night and noticed some interesting/puzzling results:

1. I replaced the pic on one of the affected LE(from unassembled LE kit)...did not fix the problem.
2. When I hooked one affected LE directly to the dongle using cat 5 cable and run a test sequence, some channels that are not supposed to light up came on, including some channels from an LE that is not attached to the dongle at all but only sharing the same ac outlet.

3. When I moved one affected LE to a different outlet, away from other 2 LE's that are showing some similar problems, the problems seems to be lesser.

4. The only affected LE's are the newly built four LE's. Other v5 LE's from last year doesn't show any problem at all.

Do I need to reflash the pic?
Do I have a short or something?

ANy help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Offline caretaker

You may be getting line noise from the outlet in question, if you find another outlet to plug the problem LE's in do so and see if the results differ. If they do than either pick up a decent surge suppressor that also filters out line noise OR figure what else is on the circuit that could be causing it.  Otherwise some of the more techincal guys will have to jump in on this one.
Jeff Squires

Offline salongaopm

I did move one LE to another outlet, but it did not fix the problem completely. Although it is not  as bad as before. Also, why only the new LE's are affected? I   have last year LE's plugged in to the same outlet...and they are working without  a problem.

Offline caretaker

That could be the problem in that you may be dropping the voltage enough when the sequences run to cause erratic behavior in your new controllers. Are all the new controllers plugged into the same extension cord? Are the new controllers further from the outlet than the older controllers?  Definitely something weird going on here but I am sure a solution will be found for you.
Jeff Squires

Offline salongaopm

1. One new LE using an extension cord plugged into an outlet. Another old LE is also plugged into the same outlet but using a separate extension cord.

2. Two controllers (one new and one old) are using one extension cord and plugged into a separate outlet and a different breaker than #1.

3. One old LE is using a separate extension cord and plugged into an outlet where #2 is.

4. Another old LE is plugged into a an outlet with a separate breaker from 1&2 but sharing one electrical box with number 2&3.

5. One new and one old LE are plugged into a separte outlet (10-20+ft away from 1,2,3,4) with a separate breaker than 1-4.

6. Two old LE's are sharing same extension cord and plugged into a separate outlet but sharing the same breaker as #
#1 is. Probably 15ft away from #5 and more from #2,3&4.

All old LE's are working without any problem.
All 3 new LE's are having problems.

It is really weird.