Author Topic: Ran my show no problem last night...now today all i get is music  (Read 1335 times)

Offline fertsy

• Coop Manager
My express seems to have lost its DMX single. Worked fine yesterday and nothing today. Test seems fine with the exception of the end where the DMX light is not lit. I changed USB and Ethernet cords. I tried RJ's start program and it seems to find the dongle but no communication to the board as far as I can tell. I restarted the computer several times and the express. No luck...

Any ideas?

Offline Jeffl

• Just remember. Wireless is nice. Copper is king!
    • Christmas In Brandon
I reset the power on all my controllers today and after that one LE didn't work.  I hit the reset and everything took off.

Is the last unit in your network terminated?

Offline fertsy

• Coop Manager
I only have one unit, and no its not terminated. It  was like that the day I got it and I have not changed It....

Where is the reset mine is vs 3 does it have one?

Offline egenoup

The last device in the chain must be terminated.  This may or may not solve your issue, but dmx requires termination. 

Cheers,

Egenoup.

Offline fertsy

• Coop Manager
Well it worked fine yesterday... I will go terminate it and reset everything and try again... I am on teamspeak if anyone is available for a little help.

Thanks,

Joe

Offline Jeffl

• Just remember. Wireless is nice. Copper is king!
    • Christmas In Brandon
The reset didn't appear until V5 that I know of.  Unplugging it (cycling power) is the only way then.

Offline fertsy

• Coop Manager
RJ was able to help me trouble shoot. It appears that my Flux Capacitor went bad (aka XO Oscillators 40MHz 5V)

Apparently I won some kind of reward as this has never happened to anyone else.

Thanks again RJ for the help. Ill let you know when its back up and running.